What annoys you?

Thought we could have a thread to rant about what annoys us.

At the moment I’m sick of seeing kids with iPads, ipods and phones at the dinner table or restaurants. I understand it might keep them quiet, but jeez have a conversation with them. Also babies and toddlers don’t need them that early…

"She's only 19, and I'm a has been" - Cosmic Psychos, circa 1988

Look at that face
Look at those eyes
Look at those legs
Look at those thighs

2 Likes
and these super entitled kids today are they a world wide genetic mutation? did they raise themselves? or do you think the super awesome previous generation might've wanted them this way?

Thats the thing I don’t get. Where the hell did they come from?

Raised by baby boomers. Who are just as big jerks, but in a different way…

Its because too many people who cannot control kids are having kids and thus think its easier to give kids what they want rather than need. This particular kid’s mums response is “Awww B, don’t say that…” when he swears he will kill her if she doesn’t shut up.

Oh she also lets him play GTA:V at 6 years old…

My mum wouldn’t hesitate giving me a smack if I swore to kill anyone let alone swear at all.

‘The children now love luxury; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are tyrants, not servants of the households. They no longer rise when their elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize over their teachers.’
(Commonly attributed to SOCRATES by Plato,

“I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words… When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint”.
(Hesiod, 8th century BC)

“The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress.”
(From a sermon preached by Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274)

They [Young People] have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things – and that means having exalted notions. They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning – all their mistakes are in the direction of doing things excessively and vehemently. They overdo everything – they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else.
(Aristotle)

How much can you trust Peter the Hermit’s views on other people in society?
Or is that an ironic nickname he cultivated for himself?

When the rest of the world gets electronic gadgets before Australia.

“She’s only 19, and I’m a has been” - Cosmic Psychos, circa 1988

1 Like
and these super entitled kids today are they a world wide genetic mutation? did they raise themselves? or do you think the super awesome previous generation might've wanted them this way?

Thats the thing I don’t get. Where the hell did they come from?

Raised by baby boomers. Who are just as big jerks, but in a different way…

Its because too many people who cannot control kids are having kids and thus think its easier to give kids what they want rather than need. This particular kid’s mums response is “Awww B, don’t say that…” when he swears he will kill her if she doesn’t shut up.

Oh she also lets him play GTA:V at 6 years old…

My mum wouldn’t hesitate giving me a smack if I swore to kill anyone let alone swear at all.

‘The children now love luxury; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are tyrants, not servants of the households. They no longer rise when their elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize over their teachers.’
(Commonly attributed to SOCRATES by Plato,

“I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words… When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint”.
(Hesiod, 8th century BC)

“The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress.”
(From a sermon preached by Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274)

They [Young People] have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things – and that means having exalted notions. They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning – all their mistakes are in the direction of doing things excessively and vehemently. They overdo everything – they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else.
(Aristotle)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/Deckham/AAAPublic/Screenshot_2016-02-08-23-14-29_zpsf0c4tihz.png

■■■■ do they want access to your dental records too?

Sad, really. I know it’s a generic app, but ffs, it’s a scam.

Have you written to the club about it? … asked for a pls explain?

This is the very reason I don’t use a lot of apps, the data mining & on selling is criminal IMO.

Anything that came up asking for all that un required perm’s for info, I would p1ss off instantly, perhaps they need to know it’s not on.

Thing is, I have the app (obviously) but im not going to update, as the only reason for the update was the permission changes. Here you go, peasants! Update your club app! Trust us!

The AFL app is a perfect example of update hell. I’m sure I’m not the only one but 99% of the time I check the AFL app is during game times to check scores of other games being played at same time. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been at a game and opened the app to check a score to be treated with a AFL app update. With no wifi at the ground and a large data download your app is rendered useless. It won’t let you “update later” or even let you open the previous version of the app.

The sort of cr@p we fans are used to from this pathetic organisation.

Those stories are disgusting but sadly, all to common.

Recently purchased 7 technology items from a computer-technology business in the Clayton area. We placed an online order and paid for all 7 units up front. We were advised ‘we only have 1 in stock and the rest won’t be in until end of June’.

This wasn’t going to work for us so after scouring the east coast of Australia I secure the other six and advise company one, “you can only supply 1, I’d like a refund for the 6 you can’t supply”. They instruct us to request the refund via email and the funds would be transferred.

We rock up to pick up the one item and the guy behind the counter says “we’ve actually got 2, would you like them?” - “No, just the 1 thanks, that’s what you told us you had”

Next thing a guy comes out with 7, yes 7, units. Their staff looked shocked. We said, “no, we have had to source the other 6, give us the one and we’ll be on our way”.

After all this Vic from accounts emails us saying that they never said they didn’t have any in stock (which was untrue) and they were withholding 10% of the cancelled order. I told him, rubbish, refund the money and look after us, we will be continuing to do business with you but clearly this isn’t our fault. His response?- “I’ll give you a credit note for your next order”.

We picked up the stock and that is the end of it… unbelievable frustrating and poor business. Some businesses really do not know how to build business relationships or provide service that can be applauded.

I don’t u/stand the penchant to load up your phone with the things, when most of what they do seems to me to be easily accessed through a studiously bookmarked web page?

Every time a client is about to make a big stupid decision, I get it in writing.

Once I literally wrote on a piece of paper “I _____ acknowledge that the risks of [a] are [b]. [c], [d] and [e], and choose to proceed regardless”, and had the client sign and date it. Sure enough, things went pear shaped and they complained very loudly. I produced the piece of paper they signed. They claimed it wasn’t their signature. I said “we don’t want your business any more” and left.

Got an apology two hours later.

We had recently where customer signed the quote in full, but they said they we’re supplying their own downlights.

Job comes round, we deliver the lights to site, electrician says “Where’s the downlights?”. Told him owner is supplying them.

Get a phone call half an hour later from the owner saying they NEVER said that and as far as they were concerned they signed the quote in full complete with downlights. Long story short, to not hold up the job, I delivered them and spoke to the builder. He said they had tried that on him with the blinds as well as the tapware. Told him they would supply it themselves, then blew up because they 'were told it was all included".

So I rang the customer, told them I was on my way to site to collect all of the lighting and give them a full refund. They were free to purchase their lights elsewhere. Got their credit card details there and then to pay for the downlights and they apologised for their error.

Some people are just so stupid.

When people tell you how tall they are as a reference point for how awesome they are.

And give their height in imperial measurements.

Every time a client is about to make a big stupid decision, I get it in writing.

Once I literally wrote on a piece of paper “I _____ acknowledge that the risks of [a] are [b]. [c], [d] and [e], and choose to proceed regardless”, and had the client sign and date it. Sure enough, things went pear shaped and they complained very loudly. I produced the piece of paper they signed. They claimed it wasn’t their signature. I said “we don’t want your business any more” and left.

Got an apology two hours later.

Customers who complain about things that couldn't possibly ever be fixed.

And it was explained to them BEFORE they made the purchase.

Oh, I love that.
And things that have nothing to do with you.

“He’s not here.”
“He was definitely supposed to be coming here.”
“Be that as it may…”

I got a lighting shop, customer selected two different lights from two different suppliers for the same room. I said, “I probably wouldn’t do that, suppliers may all describe something as brushed chrome but their shades of brushed chrome will vary”

“I know better than you” (not what the customer said, but pretty much what they may as well have said.

Fast forward a week

“Yeh I purchased two lights last week and they don’t even match, they’re different colours yet both are described as the EXACT same colour. Not happy”

Idiot.

Yep.
It’s like they don’t realise they’re saying, ‘I am a big fat obnoxious idiot who insists you to take responsibility for my ■■■■-ups. Because I’m an idiot.’

Oh, I love that.

“He’s not here.”
“Be that as it may…”

I got a lighting shop, customer selected two different lights from two different suppliers for the same room. I said, “I probably wouldn’t do that, suppliers may all describe something as brushed chrome but their shades of brushed chrome will vary”

“I know better than you” (not what the customer said, but pretty much what they may as well have said.

Fast forward a week

“Yeh I purchased two lights last week and they don’t even match, they’re different colours yet both are described as the EXACT same colour. Not happy”

Idiot.

Oh, I love that.

“He’s not here.”
“Be that as it may…”

5’ 11" and three quarters.

1 Like
When people tell you how tall they are as a reference point for how awesome they are.

6’ 4" and a half

Customers who complain about things that couldn’t possibly ever be fixed.

“can you please book a meeting in my outlook for late morning tomorrow about our meeting on Monday?”

1. that’s nice that I am now your PA
  2. a meeting about a meeting, splendid
  3. I am crying tears of joy as a result of my resignation