Whatever the fark round it is non Essington games

Must be a great feeling as a Swans fan every year their team produces consistant footy week in week out win,lose or draw.

Now itā€™s real, ā€¦ great catch and run.

Actually could probably thank his AFL experience for that fantastic play.

AND OVEEEEERRRRR!!!

1 Like

IMO the GWS success has all to do with Sheedy.
He built a Sheedy team.

He picked a bunch of older blokes that are leaders and tough. Chad Cornes, James McDonald and Luke Power.

The young blokes they picked weremenacing, tough, great pressure players, would mouth off, niggle and annoy the opposition. They were all competitors.

Gold Coast picked soft players with their older blokes and their younger blokes. They had no vision of what sort of club they stood for.

2 Likes

Also had Choco Williams by his side.

Did Sheedy have any say in list management? I thought he was there for marketing

Steve Johnson
Dean Cox
Brett Kirk
Rhyce Shaw

All tough classy players who tasted success in the Swans coaching box.

We have Skipworth,Corrigan

2 Likes

Sheedy wasnā€™t really up with modern gameplans and gameday coaching etc at that point, but he did a hell of a lot towards forging GWS into a team rather than a collection of individuals. Coaching a premiership side was probably beyond him by then, but thereā€™s one thing that Sheeds really does know is the basics and that a club is made of people rather than gameplans and statistical analyses.

While GC recruited Jared frigging Brennan as one of the guys who was going to establish their culture and teach their young blokes. FMD.

4 Likes

Gold Coast picked Jared farking Brennan as one of their foundation recruits. Enough said.

2 Likes

And Kelly. And Harvey.

1 Like

But he can pick up the ball with one hand

4 Likes

Lol fmd what are the chances!!

2 Likes

If only one of his ex teammates could join us?

5 Likes

Didnā€™t include them point being need to replace those two I mentioned.

The fact that Michael Rischitelli still plays for that club is evidence of their sh*tness

I remember years ago I wanted him at Essendon not the same player he was like at the Lions imo

I thought he retired or was delisted years ago

1 Like

Yeah same

Well done Wallabies. Solid gutsed out win.

1 Like

Lol? They were expected to be bottom 1 or 2 and now they are finals bound. We were expected to play finals and even finish top 4 according to some idiots on here. We arenā€™t even close. Weā€™ve also just made up the numbers in every finals campaign since 2003. No Essendon supporter should be bagging out North for their on field performances this year. No one. Itā€™s everything thatā€™s wrong with this club. Got their heads up their ā– ā– ā–  and still dining on success from a century past.

3 Likes