Where is the team vs Freo? Here, der

Don’t mind the team. Thought Phillips had the wood on Bellend.

Hartley and Brown playing for others.

1 Like

Yeah?

That came out of the clear blue.

Errr…

3 Likes

Could be a great “learning experience” for Essendon if Bellchambers breaks down before quarter time.

4 Likes

Hahaha
It’s a club forum where we have opinions. Selection is something quite interesting and important. Doesn’t mean we are genuinely worried or unhinged in our real life if we state that we wouldn’t have gone a certain way at the selection table. But fair enough, thanks for answering.

16 Likes

I think the assumption is the short version of the game will be played at lightspeed and one ruckman is all you can carry. Bellchambers is a better ruck than Phillips. Agree he’s not match fit, but the feeling amongst the coaches is he doesn’t need much training to find his touch.

1 Like

Laverde and Townsned as Key Forwards. TBell sole ruck.

Do we want the spoon?

5 Likes

I reckon there’s a late out for Phillips to come in. Problem is, Belly is the most likely out. So still only one ruck.

3 Likes

he trained today?

I thought we learnt from our team selection. Apparently not.

2 Likes

Oh how I have missed the expert opinion of those on here when the teams came out.
;’) feels like home now.

4 Likes

Lol

Yeah we are good at learning

DING DONG!

Lid OFF!

no one’s being a expert

people cannot fathom how you would play belly over Phillips considering their last 6 weeks. I’m not sure why your surprised

15 Likes

The Shaun Grigg role!

1 Like

Same.

Would be soooo good if Caracella’s sole input to the “Richmond gameplan” was to play a tallish wingman as 2nd ruck.

1 Like

Yep agreed. I would have liked to find a spot for McKenna, but I’m not sure who comes out for him. I’d swap him with Guelfi, but Guelfi has probably earnt it.

certain decisions can set a tone. I’m really, really disappointed they went with belly over phillips after zero games. it’s peak essington, and just gives you no faith in the selection committee

Phillips should be filthy. he offered more in our BLT games than I’ve seen belly offer in quite some time

38 Likes

Absolutely gobsmacked that Bellchambers has been picked off the back of no pre-season whatsoever and Phillips doing very well in the practice games. There is an inherent problem with guys like Belly and Zaka, who have a sense of entitlement in terms of being picked in the team. The sooner those blokes are no longer automatic selections the better. Zaka can at least say he’s had a decent pre-season. Bellchambers not so. Really disappointed.

13 Likes