Where's the review thread. Here it is V Saints April Fool 23

We should have been expecting them to come out firing. We didn’t fire a shot in the first.

We showed some determination by getting back into the game twice after an awful start.
We weren’t good enough to keep it up.
There were some good performances in patches which was heartening.
Umpiring was woeful, and inconsistent but really didn’t have an impact.
Redman was awful but he will probably never play that badly again.
Heppell on the other hand is a coach killer and should never be seen again. The game and the team have gone past him.

5 Likes

Eleni sucks

24 Likes

After the first 10 min I thought we were going to be smashed. We fought back but they were the better team. I don’t mind that we’ve had a bit of a reality check. I’m interested to see what happens next.

12 Likes

Same for any of our fans under 27.

1 Like

Mate we can’t talk. We havent won a final in the time I’ve been a supporter

2 Likes

was a typical ross lyon game
blitz the opposition in the first qtr, kick a few goals, then simply clog up behind the ball and out work the opposition for the rest of the game.

the sad part is, this has always been his blueprint. it’s legit not hard to figure out.

people blamed the wind 5 weeks ago. it’s not the wind, they outwork their opponents. that’s the worst part about it, scott and co learnt absolutely nothing from 5 odd weeks ago when they did pretty much the same thing, the wind being the only difference in when the saints showed dominance on the scoreboard as they had it in the second qtr.

this loss is on the coaches.

9 Likes

Heppell cannot continue to be selected. Surely he would be hearing the absolute frustration from the fans when he’s turning the ball over?

I’m sure he’s an awesome guy but he isn’t up to it.

Also I’ll apologise to the posters that we’re concerned about the forward pressure and bringing Stringer/Weideman in during the week. I argued with them over it but they were absolutely right.

Ball use was horrendous. We weren’t playing in front. Got out marked often. And no one was at the fall of the ball.

I thought Draper v Marshall would be fine. However I didn’t realise how much time Marshall spends on the ground. We were left with Marshall v Weideman match ups that did not help us at all.

16 Likes

The Weed was weak, he gave us nothing.

8 Likes

Have we won a game she has umpired?

Things that really ■■■■■■ me off about this game:

Eric BANA

Giving the Saints a 5 goal head start

The commentary team

Seeing gold fish eyes in the Saints hierarchy - well just seeing him at all really

Redman playing the worst game of his life

Luke Darcy

Making Stocker look good

Going against his pledge to play players in their best position and Moving Langford from the forward line. He’s a ■■■■■■■ Forward!

Hamish McLachlan

Seeing BJ as a Saint again

Intercept marks in our forward line

Eleni NFI

11 Likes

I started enjoying footy 2005-2006. Young team on the rise I thought… ya know Monfries, Dempsey, Ryder… Jetta, Gumbleton…… Bradley…. Oh my… its been rough

Heppell should not have played

Voss should have played deserved his chance

Langford is only a forward

12 Likes

Apparently Heppell is a lock in the 18.
Not sure which 18. Brad put away the beer goggles
images (12) (1)

2 Likes

I would be giving Caldwell a block of games as a pure midfielder this year. I think he is going to have a breakout year.

SO CLEAN!!!

10 Likes

I saw Merrett on Hill several times but don’t think it was him. Martin or Durham?

Thought Kelly was very good, Caldwell very good, Menzie did some fantastic work in the forward line (one of the few that did). Thought Langford was pretty good both ends (started a bit rough though).

4 Likes

Only 3 goals but felt worse.

Weidmann dropping marks and spoiling ream mates… gee i can’t wait for Wright’s return

Heppell should have been subbed out again, but structurally taking out jones and moving Langford forward and hind back was actually a good move.

The saints are very good right now, i can’t be too upset. Fark ross though

4 Likes

Heppell is a liability now. He looks so slow and his disposal by foot is pathetic. It’s kinda sad to see.

12 Likes

That may be true but why are they selecting the wrong players? If they want to grow they need to start thinking outside the square and blooding some potential talent.

3 Likes