Where's the Team

Quoted Post

Giles must be ■■■■■■! Left one club sick of being a fringe player to not even be in the 25 at another.

He’s on an AFL list at the leagues greatest club. I’d be pretty pleased if it was me.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
nah just kidding

Carlisle BCK and Hurls FWD

let the debate begin

Common sense prevails , not that hurley is a forward either but I’d rather a dominating Carlisle down back than wasting away up forward. Sure swap them from time to time but they should remain in those spots at least 70 % of the game.

My worry in this game is buddy. We can contain everyone else but him and a falling over goodes.

Btw what is the problem with Dempsey ?

Pretty sure Hird just like any decent Essendon coach ib the past 30 years is taking the P155 with those placements at team selection

iirc Dempsey suffered a plantar fascia ligament tear, then a rupture. Doc Reid is was cool about it, but I think its hindered his preparation for about a month.

Thanks Chris

I suspect the coaches wanted to give the 2012 players the benefit of the doubt. They haven’t really had a good chance to prove themselves given that they didn’t play NAB cup matches, so it would really be fair to them to play Dags, Ashby etc. over them. Particularly given what they’ve been through. I suspect in the first few rounds there will be changes with a few of the young guys coming in for guys who aren’t performing early.

Sack the ■■■■■■ coach. Hurley is a ■■■■■■ defender.
Salted, raw or roasted?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
nah just kidding

let the debate begin

Common sense prevails , not that hurley is a forward either but I’d rather a dominating Carlisle down back than wasting away up forward. Sure swap them from time to time but they should remain in those spots at least 70 % of the game.

My worry in this game is buddy. We can contain everyone else but him and a falling over goodes.

Pretty sure Hird just like any decent Essendon coach ib the past 30 years is taking the P155 with those placements at team selection

Pretty sure the coach selects 22 and some random underling at a TV station puts them in positions like the past 30 years.

Really thought Dalgleish was a chance this week.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
nah just kidding

let the debate begin

I think he did it so we would all have something new to talk about.

Good team but too tall, especially for Sydney.

Way too tall.

Probably need a few X factor players like Edwards etc.

Sydney will belt us but it’s good practice for the best 22.

sigh Hurley needs to play defence!

Quoted Post

Way too tall.

You do realise they have four KPF in their fwd 6 right? Then Towers on the bench?

If anything, Swans are too tall.

Quoted Post

I'm surprised Gwilt wasn't named. Is fit, has played games and has a strong body and size. I would have thought Sydney would be the perfect game for him.

Gwilt is a spud and will be a great player in a minor league.

Save your money Henry.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Way too tall.

You do realise they have four KPF in their fwd 6 right? Then Towers on the bench?

If anything, Swans are too tall.

Just because his name is Towers, doesn't make him tall. But it's a fair point :)

I’m not too concerned about where the players are named on the team sheet; I am worried that we look awfully slow, though.

Even on the assumption that Dempsey isn’t ready, I would’ve liked to have seen Dalgelish or Edwards get a run ahead of Howlett (and/or Langford ahead of Ambrose).

Aside from the issue of pace, it looks like a pretty damn good team though, IMO. Hopefully we’re not too rusty and can find a way to grind out a win. Would top off an epic week.

Quoted Post

nah just kidding

let the debate begin

debate probably needs its own thread

People overthink things too much. Theres enough pace there, no less than sydney. Gleeson, zaka, bags, colyer, cooney, zach merrett are all fkn quick. If you dont think bags has serious wheels then watch the replay of him running down jeff garlett

Swans have jetta, Rohan, shaw who are quick. Maybe cunningham/parker who are probably on zaka terms if pace too. Definately no more or less.

Pace wont be the issue and decide the game. Get in fkn hard, WORK harder and thats what will win the game

Beat them in the midfiled you win against Sydney.

No McVeigh will hurt them.also their number 9 who was he again hmmmmm yes he was there barometer coming out of half back.

Would have liked to see Ashby in the team, deserved a go for Rd 1 imo, was improving each NAB game and is match fit

Ambrose is lucky I think to be playing, Giles FF and Daniher CHF would have been a good option as Giles can rotate with Bellchambers both goal kickers.

Quoted Post

McVeigh out and Malceski gone, the Sydney half back line is not as good as it was last year. Keiran Jack and Kurt Tippett injured/underdone. Swans not at full 2014 strength.

Quick legal bump on buddy and he will be seeing stars again.

Would have liked to have seen Ashby in, but I think the right call was made. Ambrose looked terrific yesterday, and Ashby needs to sharpen up his kicking.