Who are our YoYo players

Was discussed about how the best sides in the comp have the hybrid smalls that work up and back in the front 2/3rds of the ground.
The question for us is do we follow this model and who are our players that could do it or do we stick with having the extra mids in the side.

1 Like

End thread.

8 Likes

Draper seems like the type to yoyo

We have a team of yo-yo players.

I prefer yogo

4 Likes

Alwyn Davey Jnr.

1 Like

I thought yo-yo meant their form is up and down.

1 Like

The yo yos lol how stupid

Yet another media meme…

So, it’s a small forward that moves up to the flanks/wings? Not sure I get it, I guess Gresham could be? and yeah Alwyn has a bit

1 Like

Before the season we knew this was an area of concern for us relative to the very good teams and that’s clearly still the case. I expect it to be a big focus in the off-season via trade/FA and draft. Whether you want to call them small forwards or high half forwards or fkg yo-yo’s.

Menzie, Davey, Hind and Gresham as a collective isn’t getting it done.

Gresham the best of all of them clearly and even he isn’t a great runner.

1 Like

The scary thing is, GWS have got about three more including Darcy Jones, ready to go.

3 Likes

Hind is a yo-yo

Mostly yeah I think it highlights the lack of depth we have in that area they were saying that the best teams have three or four of those small players but we really only have gresh that has that quality and the cupboard is bare with ADJ and Menzie as the other two if we are to follow that model

1 Like

What about him?

I accidentally pressed done

Yeah it’s a stupid term, but hard running small forwards are incredibly important now, and we are well short in this regard.

Even ‘traditional’ small forwards cover a stack of ground outside 50 these days. We are at least 2 quality hard running smalls short, they may be on the list already but I doubt it.

1 Like

They bat deep pretty much everywhere I don’t know if we could drag one out of there though and may have to try and fill that gap in the mid season draft if there was one or first pick in the draft

We had two in Orazzio and Walla

Unfortunately Oraizo was made of glass and Walla couldnt be arsed anymore

I won a yoyo contest in the 70s. Reckon I’ve still got it. Sign me up!

4 Likes