Who cares vs the Mental Ref Cork 'Eds

Dammm way too cold to go swimming.

Yeah the paper in form guide always wins.

COME AT ME SCRATCHY 3 GOAL WIN

4 Likes

I’ll cross my fingers, toes, eyes and balls and hope we give Freo a well deserved flogging…at a canter

Channelling your inner WOB. This should be good. l’m going to settle in and wait.

We are 3 games off third position

Edit Fremantle,Carlton,Bulldogs

1 Like

I don’t like this "Francis should be in, why does McNiece deserve a game before him " bullsh*t !

They obviously want to have a real good look at B.McNiece before making a call.
It may be confidence based at the top level.

Anyhow, the real argument is…
Why can’t we rest a 33 yo Goddard, so that we can see what kind of impact Francis could have in our side ?
Before we have to play some of the better sides.

3 Likes

Both WOB and you (and @incoming??) have driven a long long way to support this club.

3 Likes

My issue is the application of selection integrity is selective. I’m not suggesting it should be Francis for Mcniece.

When a bloke is emergency 5-6 weeks in a row, that’s a pretty strong case.

Just on Francis, if we base it purely on what is in the public domain, he has had a sustained run of consistent form. Yet we are not playing him because there is apparently no role during which time ambrose and dea have spent time out of the side so other defenders’ roles could have been recalibrated if needed. During this time we’ve also made roles for others.

3 Likes

Oh don’t worry, we will.

Goddard has been practising paddocks all week and is prepared to continuing joining dots until one of the younger players steps up and beats him… best two out of three.

don’t gift games to younger players they said.

oh zaka hasn’t played for 2 months, oh buddy there’s a spot right over here for you champ, don’t have to prove you’re fit to play, or can tackle or that you’ve got match fitness.

but yeah, Essendon and goddard don’t stand for gifting players games. RIGHT.

Hard to get inspired by that team.

Good thing Zak and Raz are back in, but it’s a good opportunity for some lesson known players to make a name for themselves.
Lang, McGrath, Guelfi, Parish all need to show they are as good as Zerret and Heppel.

Colyer is very lucky indeed.

He better start repaying the faith the coaches are showing.

Would have preferred Long.

4 Likes

Sadly, the one I care about most there is Taberner!

Pretty sure they said he’s completed a fitness test and trained with the team, so all of your points are wrong.
Do you seriously think Zaka at 75% isn’t going to be better than a Ridley or a Clarke or a Mutch at AFL level?

3 Likes

I’m assuming tht we aren’t going to have either Saad or McKenna on Saturday. Essington arriving right on schedule.

Zaka is right to come in. You would think they have done training to test out his shoulder.

Could you make a case for Ridley in for McNeice? Ridley only had 5 touches in the 2s last week but hardly deserved to be dropped in the first place.

Exactly. The same blokes don’t need to play the same roles every single week - players are asked to adapt all the time, especially when there are injuries.

Langford is already now playing the “Stringer role” of third tall forward who rotates through the midfield. Guelfi’s role seems to change every week. Hell, look at Baguley’s year as an example of how different players can play different roles depending on team structure & player availability.

Personally, I’d rather us bring in Stewart and keep giving more midfield minutes to Langford, as I think we could use another genuine tall marking option up forward (as we lose our structure every time T-Bell needs a rest).

As for Francis, I’d be happy to see us give Goddard more of a run on the wing and see what Francis can bring to the backline. I’m less fussed about that one, though - that mostly just comes down to wanting to see Franga play.

2 Likes

My favourite theme in this thread is the apparent assumption that Zaharakis just texted Woosha at about 3:45pm today and said “yeah I’m good for Sat” and he was picked, and that absolutely nothing at all has been done by anyone at the club to verify that he’s good to go.

21 Likes

■■■■ off!! Zaka was our most consistent performer before getting injured and probably the fittest guy on our list.

The sooking on this site has gone next level post the Carlton game. We’ve been in the top 4 form teams of the past 2 months. We’ll smash Freo.

14 Likes