Who stays, who goes?

Ive been on Blitz for sometime, this post looks more like something from BigFooty FFS

You’re cut, marky.
Disruptive influence.

No, didn’t miss him. The X is for Xavier Campbell.

Can start with getting rid of retreads from the delistment bench
McKernan, Townsend, Hibberd,
Snelling I like him he can stay.

Cutler was a bad trade

Then these guys are probably line ball 1 goes 1 stays
Mutch/Begley
Belly/Phillips
Gown/Crauford

Then these guys are potentially leaving/Traded
Fanta
McKenna
Daniha
Franga

and a lot wish Zaka

2 Likes

I’m hearing the AFL will be restricting teams to a 40 player limit next year.

So 7 will need to be cut, then 2-3 to make room for the draft I’m assuming.

1 Like

I’m one step ahead of you.

No changes for mine

That becomes a fair cull. In our case, the first 7 or so are easy enough, but gets more tricky from there onwards. You would be pretty nervous being on a rookie list at the moment.

Might be some interesting players available from other teams as they deal with the balance of choosing between a youngster and an older player for a spot on the list. Imagine choosing between someone like Hooker and BZT for a spot on the list.

(Yes, I know both are contracted, it’s an example…)

1 Like

Is that 40 plus rookie B’s?

1 Like

7 cut from the list you say?

Not a problem.

1 Like

If teams get cut to 40 players, would they abolish the rookie list?

Not very much salary tied up in the rookies

If the playing list is only 40, then the club needs to seriously consider paying out the contracts of 1-2 older players…I’m thinking of names like Hooker/Ambrose/Zaharakis.

Sit them down and be honest that a 2021 premiership is looking extremely unlikely…and that the last remaining year of their contract, will be the last of their career, and is actually going to cost some kid a chance at an AFL career.

Depends on the definition of 40. We have Hird, Craiford and the two Irish guys as supplemental types. It’s hard to justify keeping those guys on if they are part of the 40.

The depth guys just have to go, Hibberd, Townsend, Mutch and Begley.

2 Likes

10 from the list? No problem…
Gleeson
Townsend
Cutler
Hibberd
McKernan
Snelling
Mutch
Gown
Begley
Bellchambers
Zaharakis

Extremely borderline:
Laverde
Hurley
Guelfi

Likely losses:
Fantasia
Daniher
McKenna

So the mass exodus will finally actually happen. Except its going to be every club, and its going to be a minimum of 7 players at each club.

Thats why people like Clarko with lots of senior players, are spewing. Lots of their treasured old champions will need to be cut , but the worst of it is, players need to be drafted on the basis of almost no exposed form.

1 Like

Whoever is in charge of our kickouts should be punted straight into a cannon

4 Likes

Cutting snelling is purely stupid.
He will be best 22 until we develop another Decent small forward.

We have an injury prone fantasia who will most likely request a trade. Johnson is coming off an acl so he can’t play rd 1 either.

Snelling also is one of the few players week after week.

4 Likes

I doubt Raz will request a trade…and it will be close to 18 months since Johnson’s ACL.

Were gonna need a bigger Cannon.

Will the VFL return?