Who Wants To Be A CEO?

Who wants to be CEO of the AFL?

ME ME ME!

1 Like

He can go from being the Grand Prix boss to just a grand prick.

2 Likes

I believe Andrew Westacott is a passionate Essendon supporter.

1 Like

Essendon had a strategic partnership with the AGPC in 2019, whatever that was.

1 Like

I “resigned” once, and at the going away morning tea the reasoning was to spend more time with my family.

I wanted to be honest and say my boss hated me.

1 Like

Hhahaha, love it. Im glad that we have been the catalyst for him to rethink his association with organisations which hold prehistoric views.

1 Like

Essendon has settled a legal dispute with former chief executive Andrew Thorburn that will allow them to move on from an embarrassing chapter that saw him at the club for only a day.

The Herald Sun can reveal the confidential settlement will see Thorburn dropping all legal action and donating any money involved to charity.

Thorburn was to be paid up to $850,000 a season to run the club but links to a church with contentious views in abortion and homosexuality were unearthed by the Herald Sun.

He chose to cut ties with Essendon instead of the City on a Hill church but was considering legal action.

Instead he will settle with the club and they will be able to secure some clean air as new chief executive Craig Vozzo starts in January.

Earlier this month he announced he would be stepping down from all formal responsibilities with City on a Hill church.

“Andrew will be stepping down from all his formal responsibilities, effective February 2023,” a statement said.

“He will be taking a year off to spend time with family, and to rest and reflect.”

Thorburn is still keen to have an informal involvement with Essendon as a long-time supporter.

3 Likes

Pretty sure we had moved on

6 Likes

Club will be looking to squeeze that money out of supporters so no doubt a 10% off at the Bombershop promo is about to drop

2 Likes

Would be good to know what charity…

But glad that’s all done with.

2 Likes

Well he does run a “charity” so I’m guessing it’s going straight there.

1 Like

Essendon have come to a settlement with their short-lived former CEO Andrew Thorburn, apologising to the ex-NAB chief and donating an undisclosed amount to an ethics institute.

The Bombers announced the agreement on Tuesday afternoon. Thorburn will not receive any money from the club.

3 Likes

■■■■ me, that joint statement.

3 Likes

Tail between legs stuff, that. Good heavens… if you were to believe in that, of course.

I think it’s fair enough. Would you rather a ■■■■ eating joint statement which restores Thorburns pride or fork out a few hundred thousand k to settle it financially? A rational and fair conclusion to the matter I would have thought. Let us never speak of it again.

9 Likes

‘Strong track record’ when he was Chair of a body that preached against diversity and inclusion and offered cures ( how to resist same sex attraction).

1 Like

Pretty much my take too.

The lawyers have gone “lets take the path of least resistance”. In a couple of weeks, everyone will have forgotten about it anyway.

1 Like

Everyone is happy and both club and Andrew move on happy with this.

Pretty much. Nobody will be speaking about the statement in a months time, but forking out some dosh will certainly linger. I think this is a very practical outcome.