Who Wants To Be A CEO?

Maybe he hates the EFC

2 Likes

He’s the CEO not the president. I’m hoping he focused on getting the footy side of things sorted.

1 Like

Conor McKenna style?

2 Likes

Or Peter Filandia style.

2 Likes

From what I understand he’s very upset that he hasn’t yet heard from you @Finding_Nino

5 Likes

From the little I’ve heard Vozzo is a breath of fresh air. Time will tell but it sounds promising

10 Likes

Good to hear, let’s hope that’s the case.

I actually agree with Nino; a bit strange that there hasn’t been an introduction video/interview with the new CEO to introduce him to the fans, share some insights about what he plans to bring to the club, what changes he wants to implement, etc.

Or even a radio interview on one of the usual stations - I think fans would be interested to hear from him, given how critical the appointment is. Maybe we’re gun shy because of how things panned out Thorburn, idk.

4 Likes

All a bit #notonthejourney

1 Like

When will he introduce himself to members and supporters? It’s taking too long. Fan engagement is one of his priorities.

I’m more than happy for him to work quietly in the background

3 Likes

He’s insecure.

Don’t know what for. He’s turning heads when he walks through the door.

1 Like

Yes. He should still introduce himself. He’s the CEO and head of the Club.

1 Like

Agreed. I’d be perfectly happy not to hear from him again this year but no intro to the fans by now is a bit weird IMO.

Maybe they’ll interview him for the “First Class” member portal that hasn’t seen any new content since those initial few videos from draft night lol

3 Likes

Correct. I agree if he’s not comfortable to be the front man then that’s fine.

However, if he’s not the front man Barham needs to step in when needed. Essendon’s a big club who needs to ensure its voice is represented in the AFL. It can’t go silent and form a bubble shield from its fanbase. Thst won’t wash.

That doesn’t mean we want a screaming CEO / President shouting loudly for the sake of it. It means being a strong voice on industry topics and connecting with members and supporters on Club related matters on a regular basis. An introductory 4-5 minute video introducing himself, discussing his first few weeks, progress on external review isn’t too much to ask.

Hopefully things are being put in place. However, not having been introduced to the CEO after nearly a month in the role is odd. This on the back of hearing Little from Scott (a 16 min video uploaded to club website with no tweet mentioning it is odd and consistent with things not being done well in this area)

2 Likes

Yes. The Scott video uploaded wasn’t even communicated to fans via its Twitter socials. It just got silently uploaded. There’s lots of room for improvement. Basic stuff being missed.

1 Like

The list of things that fans are upset about astounds me.

4 Likes

It isn’t so much being upset, as it is the club not taking obvious promotion opportunities.

7 Likes

8.5K posts in the Xavier thread alone (not to mention the Thorburn sh*tshow) and some people are astounded that fans might actually care about who the CEO is, and would like to hear from that person lol

4 Likes