Why is James Hird no longer our coach?

Option 2 and 3 go hand in hand.
If on field performance was good then option 3 does not come into play.

Because the board were too clueless to understand the on field performances of the team were directly correlated to the WADA appeal and black cloud over their heads combined with the ongoing leaks affecting them and their families.

And the board too spineless to stand up for Hird under the weight of pressure from the media and the AFL, this despite is having record membership so fans still very much supporting the club.

My sources tell me that there arent enough options.

Because jet fuel can't melt steel beams illuminati confirmed etc etc etc
If 9/11 was an inside job why did the planes come from outside?

…fark it.

You could argue that sacking Hird is a brave move from an Essendon Board, who would surely know the backlash they would face in doing so. Therefore, they put what they think is in the best interests of EFC ahead of their own position.

You could also argue that no Essendon Board would be brave enough to sack James Hird so he must have resigned.

You could also argue that James Hird spoke the truth at his press conference and that it happened exactly the way he described it.

You could also argue that James Hird lied.

Either way, it really doesn’t matter to me anymore. Decision is made, let’s move on the best way we can.

Reproduction thread with poll. Oh joy.

You never used to be this grumpy.

Aren’t you interested in how opinion is split on this topic?

No. Unless the people voting have actually spoken with Hird, or a Board member, they can’t possibly know.

Fair enough. Its a bit of a mix between all of them imo so i went other

#We were woeful on field

#I think he went to the club and offered to resign to give the club the space and clean air( i think deep down he wanted the club to say,no we want you to stay on)

#The club were more than happy to get rid of him as thats what was best for their bum buddies the AFL. I think deep down Little never wanted Hird to come back in 2014.

#i dont believe for a second he was sacked.

So imo its a combination of all of them

I think you missed the point of the poll. As I said in the intro, “many would say there are a number of factors… what in your opinion is the main reason”.

That is why i picked other. The main reason is there are multiple reasons. Its not a clear cut answer

Maybe he got offered RIDICULOUS money

And a postion at bastion

Fair enough. Its a bit of a mix between all of them imo so i went other

#We were woeful on field

#I think he went to the club and offered to resign to give the club the space and clean air( i think deep down he wanted the club to say,no we want you to stay on)

#The club were more than happy to get rid of him as thats what was best for their bum buddies the AFL. I think deep down Little never wanted Hird to come back in 2014.

#i dont believe for a second he was sacked.

So imo its a combination of all of them

I think you missed the point of the poll. As I said in the intro, “many would say there are a number of factors… what in your opinion is the main reason”.

That is why i picked other. The main reason is there are multiple reasons. Its not a clear cut answer

Fair enough.

No. Unless the people voting have actually spoken with Hird, or a Board member, they can’t possibly know.

Well this thread obviously isn’t for you. Luckily there are plenty of others.

Also, people are able to form opinions on topics without direct access to the parties involved. There is more than enough information out there for people to take informed positions. You might also argue that speaking to a board member or even Hird is unlikely to give you an unfiltered version of the truth. Even during their press conference there were inconsistencies between what Hird and Little said.

The board never asked if I wanted hirdy sacked. I reckon the courtesy should be extended both ways. It’s not a 1 way street.