Windy Hill Bomber Shop

I was out there a little while ago for the first time in a while to get some more gear and was surprised to the see this change.  It is still predominantly Essendon but much less variety, can't find a lot of stuff that was online like before, there is other club merch mixed in.  The lady at the counter made it sound as if the club still ran it as she said she helped out around the TVSC as well.

Pretty odd as other club supporters are unlikely to really embrace the place.  Shame as it was very convenient too as it is open on Saturdays, I haven't been able to get down to the new store.

EssenLOL

So a few Windy Hill related points...

Why did we stop playing VFL there half way through this season? Weren't we all told they were doing work on the ground? As fair as I've seen nothings been done and EDFL finals are being played there in the past week and the next few.. anyone know what that situation is?

Also something I find pretty sad if true, but a mate associated with the cricket club said they were knocking down the Cookson stand to make new club rooms, or a facility for the cricket club anyway, anyone heard anything similar?

Why did we stop playing VFL there half way through this season? Weren't we all told they were doing work on the ground? As fair as I've seen nothings been done and EDFL finals are being played there in the past week and the next few.. anyone know what that situation is?

Also something I find pretty sad if true, but a mate associated with the cricket club said they were knocking down the Cookson stand to make new club rooms, or a facility for the cricket club anyway, anyone heard anything similar?

Apparently getting demolished.

Apparently getting demolished.

The lawn bowls club has no limits.

that damn bowls club was a massive pain in the ■■■. remember the bloke who ran it was quite a c*nt to me as a kid too

Cookson Stand was planned to be demolished.

1 Like

Anybody been to the bombershop at tulla?

Do they only have the same stuff as what is available online?

I’ve seen some dons fans wearing a bomber cap that has the old style efc on the peak but can’t see it online. Also saw one gy with the old vfl logo.

I’d be happy with either but they aren’t on the website.

hell of a bump

3 Likes

they have a few extra things in there. the old school cap is a store exclusive im pretty sure. also non-current season clearance stuff. they have a shelf of DVD-Rs of rare games too.

theyd probably be willing to post if you email them

1 Like

There is more stuff online than in there, but still good to visit.

The guy who works there is very helpful and friendly. The girl who works there is also friendly and, um…easy on the eye to say the least

Thats what Saad said (after he regained consciousness)

Too soon?