Winning the lotto & lots of it $$$

Out of all millennials, you have the greatest potential to become an honorary member of Gen Z.

charge affordable rent and if the tenant wants to buy it to be their home, work out something reasonable for both parties and move on to the next place.

NAH JUST KIDDING, NEGATIVE GEAR

5 Likes

Wow, sounds like Cale has gotten around…

I reckon I’d still work. 3-4 days a week. I’d go mental at home all day.

id do what the rich peoples inept children do, get a shop from dad that doesn’t sell anything and just stand there all day.

1 Like

Has anyone every won the big one in here or even know someone that has?

Friend of mine says it’s a conspiracy and just another govt tax.

i know guy that won lotto once (i think joint first or 2nd, ended up with a few hundred k) and 2x big hits at the pokies.

all gone within 2 years for all 3 times.

1 Like

Yes.
A mate of mine’s dad won $13M or so.
Gave $1M to each of his two kids.

My mate is a guy who woulda/coulda/shoulda been rookie drafted, if he was anywhere near the rails. He didn’t need the encouragement.

Is he now broke?

RSL art union raffles are a rort. no one wins it, and the families they show are clearly actors.

Get my pilots license and a collection of airworthy WWII planes (Spitfire, Mustang, Corsair to start…).

Plus, @Lifetime_ban’s wood-working shed.

2 Likes

A friend’s family were part of a winning syndicate and they blew it all on hedge mazes.

That’s not what they mean by “hedge funds”

4 Likes

If I won mega bucks, I’d start buying animal habitat too. Forgot that one.

Start with Orangutan corridors in Borneo where I’ve seen the devastation first hand

2 Likes

My granddad used to have a saying, whenever anybody would mention the lottery, or a raffle.

“No point entering that, Snowy on the Trams always wins.”

“Who is Snowy on the Trams, granddad?”

“Exactly.”

2 Likes

I reckon that’s where the real skill in this thought experiment, comes into play.

Anybody can spend hypothetical money. But working out to hypothetically distribute a fair and reasonable amount of said money to family and friends… that requires some strategy.

2 Likes

I girl I went to school with won 1st Division Lotto when she was about 22. I believe the amount was around $3m. I asked her about it when we caught up at a reunion and she was pretty cagey about it, denying it at first but then relaxed when I convinced her I didn’t want any of it but rather was interested in hearing the story of how she came to realise that she had won. Was she watching the draw as it happened? Did she find out later on? What happened next? Did she sleep with the ticket until she could contact Lottery West? How many people have tried to scab money off her? What did she spend it on? How much did she have left?..

Her experience is pretty much how I had imagined it would be.

I’ve had two big pokies wins.
Don’t do it.
Mugs game.
But the first time I bought furniture and the second time I paid off debt.
Also got on Delta Blues in a big way.
Again, paid off debt.

2 Likes

When you say you bought furniture, tell me you got one of those vibration/massage chairs that you sometimes see for sale in those pop-up stores in the middle of shopping malls?

1 Like

Waterbeds all round.

1 Like