Women, take note

Not that there are many female posters on here anyway

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2014/01/09/15/51/actress-says-key-to-happy-marriage-is-submission

[media]

A former star of the US family sitcom Full House who has been married for 17 years thinks she has the answer to marital happiness: be a submissive wife.

Candace Cameron Bure has shared her controversial advice for other married women in her new book, ‘Balancing It all‘.

“I am not a passive person but I chose to fall into a more submissive
role in our relationship because I wanted to do everything in my power
to make my marriage and family work,” said Bure, who is married to
hockey player Val Bure and has three children.

When challenged about her use of the word submissive in an interview
with the Huffington Post, Bure said she was using it in the Biblical
sense.

"The definition that I'm using with submissive is the biblical
definition. It's meekness. It is not weakness. It's strength under
control. It's bridled strength," she said.

In the book, Bure writes, “I quickly learned that I had to find a way of
honouring his take-charge personality and not get frustrated about his
desire to have the final decision on just about everything.”

She explained her reasoning to the Huffington Post, saying it was very difficult to have two heads of authority.

“It doesn‘t work in the military, it doesn‘t work… I mean, you have one president,” she said.

While best known for her role as the eldest daughter in Full House, it
is not the first time the actress has preached her views on marriage.

She also shares tips and advice in her monthly blog for the religious website Christian Women Online.

[/media]

Sorry but I don’t read bullshit. Dumbest story ever

bridled

'Christian Women Online' did it for me.

Pretty common in the US.

Pretty common in the US.

Yep...it sounded just like your ex to me.

Pretty common in the US.

Yep...it sounded just like your ex to me.

Lol.

I know a whole lot of single woman who disagree with that article.

I read that piece yesterday and thought, if it works (for her), very good, it's her choice (hopefully).

However, as marriage is not 'a one size fits all' it is not going to work for all wives or husbands.

Sorry but I don't read bullshit. Dumbest story ever

but you must have read it .  

i did and your right i agree ,,,,,,,bull ■■■■ and dumb story.

I know a whole lot of single woman who disagree with that article.

That is why they are single !!!!
Oh the joy, if in my life I could have found such a Wife. Candace doesn't look too bad either, still working and obviously bringing in beer money. Probably keeps the house clean, the bed warm, cooks OK, three kids, so a good breeder. What more could you want?
Maybe I will give up on Thailand as the place to find my next Wife; California seems just fine and all the girls are blond and submissive!

Pretty common in the US.

Sounds like something Cory Bernardi would say.

Have mercy

Pretty common in the US.

Sounds like something Cory Bernardi would say.

But it actually is.

Is she Kirk Cameron's sister?

How people do or don’t make their marriage work is entirely up to them, as is what part they play in said marriage.

We’re all far too quick to impose our opinions and beliefs on others. Do what works for you but don’t expect others to do the same.

If I had a wife, I don't think I'd want her to be submissive.

Val Bure, can shoot and score anytime he wishes, five hole,top shelf,don't matter.

Sounds like there both happy.Thank the lord!

The word ‘submit’ doesn’t mean the wife has to stay at home and cook/clean or doesn’t get a say or make decisions.

The relevant verses are: “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord… Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her” (Ephesians 5:22, 25)

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church. How did Christ love the church? He died for the church in the greatest act of self-sacrifice. Husbands, are you willing to die for your wife?

So what does it mean to submit? It means to give up yourself for your husband. What does it mean to love? It is to give up yourself for your wife. So both submit and love are two aspects of the very same thing.

It’s about self-sacrifice, to put your spouse’s needs above those of your own.

If I had a wife, I don't think I'd want her to be submissive.

Well you will learn from your mistakes.