Women's AFL Team for EFC - 2021 entry at best

Wow. Years away!

Wonder how long it takes for the marquee bid players we used to jump into another team.

1 Like

Disappointed.

What’s the point of bringing Gold Coast in for 2020? They’ll be out of the competition by then.

9 Likes

Its kinda woeful we miss out even in 2020. Basically they looked at our bid and went “Nah”

Funny they dont want to financially support too many yet enter a tin rattler in North and Gold Coast.

5 Likes

Club only has themselves to blame for not bidding last time (after talking it up beforehand)

Anyone who hasn’t realised by now that the afl will grab any possible excuse to screw us over is deluded. We were fools for giving them that excuse.

7 Likes

Well thats a bit sh#t

2 Likes

I think they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces with this. They need Essendon there to be successful. I doubt they need GC or North.

5 Likes

It’s not even fair to suggest it’s an easy transition for the current team to the AFLW, the women would run rings around them.

The standard in Season 1 was pretty ■■■■, imagine having to go out and find another 200 odd players in the next 3 years

Too much too soon

3 Likes

Both of North Melbourne’s supporters will be happy I suppose.

5 Likes

How’d Gold Coast get a team before us?!

Because the afl hopes that fans of the womens Suns team might start following the men’s team. Expansion markets are everything, I’m only surprised the Suns didn’t get one of the initial licences.

6 Likes

Ridiculous decision.

Our bid was so convincing.

It is ok though - we will establish a more than competitive VFL outfit and dominate the VFL.

Our structures we have set up for AFLW are going to allow us to take the comp by storm when we finally do arrive.

2 Likes

Yeah, that will definitely work.

If we ever do. I cant see us getting a license. The womens VFL is poor as it is. Half our team in the vfl will be poached to these pissants you know that right?

Is there any indication the AFLW is going to be developed as a real league, not just a short summer diversion? e.g. the VFL comp is twice as long and may end up taking the killed VFL reserves timeslot.

Both? What? Who is the other one?

1 Like

I say ■■■ em.

Plan as if we got a license. Hire a coach, recruit the players, get sponsorship and have them play in a different league, similar to our reserves.
Play out of windy hill and watch us get more bums on seats than north and suns combined.

The Hawks can do the same. The AFLW will be begging to have us join their league.

9 Likes

Sponsors and bums on seats will follow the tv coverage. Which we will not have.

2 Likes