Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

What’s this Tweet you speak of? Why haven’t I heard of this before?

4 Likes

It’s a strange one. I would never barrack against Essendon ever. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

The question is: If a loss to carlton was a guarantee to bring about worsfolds sacking would you be “ok” with it? While a win would prolong the inevitable. It really depends how you look at it, short term pain for long term gain. Or short term happiness for long term pain.

I hope we smash calrton into oblivion, and then sack worsfold the day after. Best of both worlds for mine

Half you ■■■■■ care more about ‘being right’ than actually winning.

How about this hypothetical… we beat Carlton, then we beat the next 5 teams, and win makes the finals and win one.

6 Likes

that’s the thing, if Essendon were successful and worsfold took us to a finals win or a flag- I’m positive you would have no issue at all with people getting stuck into you over it. Because all you are concerned with is how well Essendon does. The same as me, if Worsfold turns it around I will be straight on here saying i was wrong and people can get stuck into me

2 Likes

Best of all worlds is that Worsfold coaches us to a flag.
And I want that, I really do.
I just don’t believe it’s in the realms of possibility.
I don’t want to be in here talking about Worsfold, or if I did then I’d want it to be far more balanced.

But I’d prefer to be talking about our young kids coming on, and how good was x and y and z.
I hate that this is such a friggin’ thing.

2 Likes

that is just dumb!

we all want to win a final. If worsfold is the man who takes us there then fantastic!!

3 Likes

Ohhhh, I love those posts.
Wow, you’re gonna look stupid if Worsfold coaches us to a flag.

I’ll friggin’ deal with it!
In fact if he does, and you can bookmark this, I will change my username to Colour Me Stupid!

3 Likes

The sick part is I’m not sure we all do want to win a final.

Exactly! do people really think if worsfold wins a flag, then every single person who wants him gone right now wouldn’t be jumping for joy.

Yeah, I think that’s your baggage.
Not anyone else’s.

3 Likes

i refuse to believe that. Nobody comes on here day after day and wants us to fail

2 Likes

Well, not really. I’m happy I’m not going into games half hoping to lose to get my way.

After 14 years of posting on this forum I am 99% convinced there are people who need the misery.

3 Likes

who is doing that?

I think you’re talking about one person there.
And even then I don’t think it’s entirely fair.

I will make a rap video called I’m an idiot and Woosha is a genius and post it on youtube.
And I’ll do it with the most joyous smile on my face.

2 Likes

If we win a flag under him? Haha, awesome.

1 Like

Further perspective
Raz - injured more than he is fit
Joe - not coming back this season
Mitch - injured again in reserves
McKernan - OK

So it’s not like the forward line is going to get a big boost any time soon

Can you honestly see all of that happening? It would be a fair ■■■■■■■ turnaround for that to happen.

on Saturday night Houli racked up 37 possessions including 33 uncontested, from half back. How the fark do you allow a half back to rack up that much ball, particularly a guy like houli who uses it really well and is damaging. It’s not like he gets too many cheapies chipping sideways back and forth. He’s a very direct and attacking player.

He routinely set up as a spare defender behind the contest. If the ball spilled over the back (as it does on a wet night) he got uncontested ball, if it didn’t they’d win the contest with their out number and feed it back to him. He’d then chase out his kick and get it back. No one went anywhere near him. If I still cared I would have been going mental. Instead I just laughed at our coaches who must have been watching the Saturday night movie in the box.

Even back when I was playing jnr footy if we were getting torched by a kid we’d send someone too him, if that guy wondered off chasing kicks he’d get dragged and somebody else would be asked to do it. I can’t accept that senior football is some magical wonderland these days were no body is accountable to a role.
Either:

1. the coaches can’t see the problem, in which case they should be sacked,
  2. or they can see the problem buy can’t communicate effectively enough to ensure someone goes out there and plays the role, in which case they should be sacked
  3. or, they can see the problem and just don’t care, in which case they should be sacked
9 Likes

The season is not gone because there are 4 worse teams above us. If we manage to get shiel & stringer & raz back with no more serious injuries to blue chippers then we’ll probably play a final. But we have to beat the blues and that’s 50/50.

1 Like

See I wish we could ask that question to Woosha. Why didn’t you put some more thought into Houli when he was dominating the game. Everybody makes it seem like he didn’t see it. There are other assistant coaches too that I’m certain would point it out. So why do people here think he didn’t do anything? Or did he try something and it just didn’t work?