Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

I don’t feel he’s been taken to account once in any of this

1 Like

I reckon just throw the absolute book at Clarkson, I don’t care if he costs us 2 million a year, I’m sure he could capitalise on our list much more then woosha is doing right now.

3 Likes

You’re aware that sometimes people use their imagination to craft their work by writing in the second person, right?

(And also that some people know how to use correct punctuation**,** right**?**)

EFA

Im just picturing Wim approximately three paragraphs into Woosha’s book

He’s pure teflon on Blitz.

But then again most of Blitz vote on personality and he gives good pressers…

Sounds so much like Knights did at the end.
“Still working out who our best 22 is”

3 Likes

Another wasted season. Literally dead man walking right now but we are too chicken ■■■■ to actually do anything so we just throw another season into the cannon.

Imagine if we had dumped him last year when the writing was on the wall… I mean seriously who actually thinks that the fact that you have bought in 3 players… who are all flying… is the reason why you look completely inept?!! And so many fools actually bought into that rubbish.

I see absolutely nothing about our game style that suggests it will get us to finals… and certainly it has categorically been shown to be ineffectual under pressure or against top teams… so it will literally never succeed in finals.

I just hope we haven’t lost the pick of the bunch but sticking with woosha this long.

6 Likes

I’ve missed the Eustice reference.
Meh, we’ve already wasted 15 years, what’s one more year going to do?
Personally, I don’t think he will get the sack. He will be coaching into 2020, probably be moved on after that.
But as said, if (when he goes) so does the rest of the assistants, recruiting staff, strength and conditioning team, the whole lot. In 2011, we completely changed the football department and the whole idea was great. Yes there were some governance failings but surely we have learnt from that? Surely we can do another proper clean out with better “governance”

2 Likes

It should have been a complete clean out after the saga… if you were throwing Hird under the bus then the whole lot from board through to boot studder… I guess boot studder could survive… but the whole lot had to go.

Instead we are now just drifting without plan or purpose. ■■■■■■ sad to watch.

8 Likes

Except only one of the current Board members was there in 2012. And he probably the best one.

2 Likes

Wellman?

/s

1 Like

You probably have not noticed how many of our players (especially Tippa) have regularly been slipping over, especially compared to any of our opponents over the last many years.

I think we don’t even have a boot studder. But if we do, he should be the second one loaded into the cannon.

15 Likes

Fair call… the whole lot go then.

3 Likes

You don’t understand how the media works - They dont publish every piece of scuttlebutt or rumour - And sometimes information is not deemed newsworthy.

1 Like

I don’t think we should get worked up about Woosha’s interview responses…because THE QUESTIONS ARE ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC…along the lines of:

Q. Are you going to ask the players for a special response next weekend?
A. Errh…well inherent in your question is an assumption that we just decide how much effort to put in from week to week, depending upon the opposition…which would be moronic.

Q. Can you still make finals if you lose this one?
A. Well mathematical we can still make it…but you’re probably right, it just feels too hard, so we will just give up.

Q. When is your game plan going to start delivering wins?
A. Well let me just consult my crystal ball…or hop in my Delorean…

Honestly, I listen to these questions, and put myself in Woosha’s shoes and think about how I would respond, and I think I would struggle to stay calm…the mentality behind the questions is archaic…only Twomey asks insightful player-specific questions, and even he fails to ask many detailed questions about our game style.

21 Likes

To be fair and in this day and age, the mantra is light n fluffier the better

All this debate about Woosha is interesting but in simple terms he has got no idea! For example Parish is a centreman not a half forward - look what has happened in recent weeks, Langford is a half forward not a midfielder- the Weagles just ran away from him last week with a smile. Our kick ins are atrocious, our backwards defensive running is abysmal and our forwards play too high up the ground. Let’s not mention the number of times that other sides take almost uncontested marks in our forward 50m and then waltz out without us many times not touching the ball in transition. These are all fixable and attributable to Woosha. Oh and remember Woosha believes it is not his job to motivate players!!!
I can’t believe another year has gone.

6 Likes

Really? I’m not surprised at all. Time to lower your expectations and save yourself all the stress!

1 Like

Agreed. I think the media are loading up.

They have Richardson and Worsfold ready to go. Their hope will be that both Saints and Dons lose and they will go after them. It’ll ramp up quickly and the lowest hanging fruit, ie whichever side has the greatest loss (opposition considered) will be front and centre. Then they’ll move on to the other.

I now think Worsfold won’t coach next year.

2 Likes