Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Thanks- I will try. It’s either lower expectations or walk away after 35 years.

Irrespective of his salary,or coaching desire and ability,I think having his wife and children in another state isnt healthy for any mans overall well being.

Don’t think it is sustainable,so there is that.

4 Likes

What pissses me off most about Blitz is that you guys still haven’t staged an intervention and stopped me from watching 360. I thought you were my bro’s & siss’s who had my back.

It’s taken me a long time to realise that Robbo is the star of that show, He’s amazing. He waves his arms around, gets the facts wrong, struggles with elementary English, says absolutely nothing that has any insight or knowledge, but he talks for ages filling up the empty space with more nothingness, and idiots like me watch it. He is there to fill in time and to make twatley look intelligent. Frankly, they could put a cactus in twatley’s chair and it would be haled the next Einstein.

Last night they go on and on and on about how richo and then woosh-man are under so much pressure, and it’s not the media driving this, but the poor performance by the players. FFS, they choose the agenda items and they are (quickly) worshipping teams on 7-6 and condemning (ad nauseum) teams on 6-7. It’s an exact copy of North Korea and China where they believe their own propaganda, and they get away with it because the footy masses prefer a tale of a good knifing in preference to reasonable analysis.

Hey media farkheads. Every year, 3 or so coaches get turned over. It’s the norm. It’s not a story until it happens. You should try to understand the game of AFL and provide some insightful analysis and news. That would be a constructive contribution to society, rather than doing your best to make some people’s lives miserable!

13 Likes

Of course, I’m just talking out loud.

Isn’t that what talking is? Otherwise you’d just be thinking…

1 Like

That too.

And when did they go back to Perth?

I know of couples who live in seperate states for professional reasons and do so successfully.
It’s not for everyone, but for some it’s fine. Plus it’s only for a set period of time.

3 Likes

I blame @darli. I’m still waiting for Hep to be on there thanks to her.

4 Likes

My favourite part of their whole narrative at the moment is that Sydney are a cheeky chance of making the 8 at 5-8… But the 2 side on 6-7 need to sack their coaches.

4 Likes

Would you be more confident in Sydney having the necessary (better) mindset to play well enough to make the 8, compared to Essendon?

Or put it another way, if Sydney and Essendon (and St Kilda for that matter) were on 6-7 who would you back to make the 8? Assuming upcoming opponents are equal.

1 Like

All things being equal (which they are not) this year i’d put us on 50/50 with the Swans from here out. So i think they’ll still finish 1 win below us. Would you put the Swans in front? I’m looking forward to playing them next week.

1 Like

I think you’re getting conned in the talent (Ess) vs. system + effort (Syd) based systems of each team.
At various times in the last 15 years, we’ve had the better and more talented group of players, but Sydney get better results because they have a better work ethic and their gameplan is solid enough to keep them there about regardless of injuries and form.

All things being equal, I’d back Sydney in to make finals ahead of us simply because they know what it takes and are capable of of playing six weeks of consistent footy get the job done.

Having said that…
Neither should make finals. Richmond should jump into the 8. One of the interstate clubs will fall out. Most likely Port Adelaide.

2 Likes

mmm… good question. I put them a tad ahead of us going into the rest of the season just because Essendon don’t feel/look like a settled side. While Sydney, based on past successes, have a more solid foundation to draw upon. But yes, our match against them at the G will be an excellent test.

1 Like

It was always healthier for mine to be continents away.

3 Likes

I do agree with what you’re saying, i just think Sydney are finally going just past the tipping point. I think their drop off from older top players and lack of experience in their younger guys is going to catch up with them for the first time in over a decade. They do certainly know how to win though and their leaders are really good.

I’m starting to think the same.

1 Like

One thing for sure is that if Sydney bottom out then they will rebuild and again contend whilst Essendon muddle along in no man’s land.

1 Like

Last week Mike Sheahan filled in for an absent Robbo and I quite enjoyed how he stood his ground against Twately’s articulated rhetoric. Twately needs to either run for parliament or get of his highbrow perch just a little.

3 Likes

Sydney are a special case…

Id expect them to land their own big fish at the end of this year and go again. They always do, always find the money.

Laughable that some people dont think they are a destination club and have to force players to live by the beach in Sydneys East.