Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Just feeling like a soulless season.

Just a strange,going through the motions,year.

Yes the result will play a part tonight.

But it is the passion,body language,and willingness to fight in games that will be the determining factor to me.

The players control his fate imo,in their desire to win for the club,and coach.

7 Likes

Tonight could be the beginning of a glorious run of victories…but that is just a dream…a dream that I hold dear…for this or any other year…

2 Likes

Tonight I want a win , or chuck the coach in the bin .

3 Likes

Where’s @Pamboo

2 inexcusable starts to the past 2 seasons is going to cost him and so it should. They had all summer to work on things and coming out firing.

3 Likes

LOL. Both out of contract at season’s end

Never heard it put so well. This one line says it all

11 Likes

May not have gone backwards, maybe opposition have overtaken us? You can be on the right track but you still need to move forward, otherwise you are falling behind.

Definitely haven’t improved. Same old same old.

It’s not like he has been ‘giving the kids a go’ either

Either way, not really acceptable.

2 Likes

Back in the day my mother failed to clean the pressure cooker relief vent.
It exploded and pea soup was spattered all over the ceiling and walls. We were lucky no one was in the kitchen at the time.

I reckon we are sitting on the edge right now. A bad loss and I reckon the Essendon pressure cooker will explode.

4 Likes

There will be pressure with a bad loss. It’s already a media story with the speculation. A bad loss will make it THE story for the media. These things have a way of getting taken over by the speculation and demands from outside and clubs will react. Worsfold is safe as long as the club does not announce he has the board’s full support.

3 Likes

lol yep, you hear that statement it is all over

3 Likes

They’ve thrown the kitchen sink at this squad… draft picks, salary cap… the coaching ‘soft’ salary expenditure has likely increased to get Rutten across.

The board will be thinking the window is open now, and will be open until 2021… with the current crop.

And they will not like going backwards or even sideways this year after that kind of investment… particularly with the time imperative hanging over everything. Things will move quick, even if it’s not played out in public, if we lose tonight…

3 Likes

much safer if they say they will assess and make decisions at the end of the season

of course, if things continue to go bad they will then turn around in a week or two and say, “well no we have decided to act now, and we mutally agreed for a change as it was the best thing to do.”

only thing to stop the speculation and release the pressure is winning

it’s a tough business

1 Like

I have never liked Friday night games either at Docklands or the G, and tonight the game is on a Thursday at 7:20 pm just for the farking TV which is even worse. I reckon the crowds will be small and we will struggle to win. So some here reckon they are the two ingredients for Woosha to get the chop.

Cannot see us winning with the forward line we have unless Walla has a blinder and Smack and Brown can actually take a mark. Maybe if we lose Woosha will just retire.

Upward
Not forward

2 Likes

When we lost to Carlton in JLT1, a massive red flag needed to be raised. All hands on deck, fingers out. and pull out all stops to get ready for round 1.

I suspect it was the Worsfold standard; steady as she goes, lets not over react, or react at all, continue with the learnings and build into whats going to be a long season.

We all know how that went, we built into the season and finally were ready to have a real crack by round 5-6

There is a counter philosophy. Hit the ground running in Round 1 and bank early wins. Top clubs do this. Sure they might drop a couple of games mid season, but they are at base camp 3 and they are ready for the assault on the summit.

We are still stuck somewhere between Kathmandu and the Everest base camp.

Last year we didn’t make it beyond base camp. Maybe its also John who is not learning, and the “build into the season” philosophy does not work.

5 Likes

Reckon we crashed at Lukla

3 Likes