Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

We will kick seven goals tops against their defense

I have a real issue with using injuries as an excuse. I know we have them, but there is a very strong reason why it can’t be used.

Our injuries have, with perhaps an exception for Dev who is a mid/fwd, has not involved our midfield group. In the games we have lost we have been killed in the midfield.

Last Thursday night our midfield was AWOL. I was disappointed fans had Heppell among our best players. Heppell had 0 tackles. None! This was in a midfield that was torched and bereft of pressure.

Games are won and lost in the midfield and there is no excuse as to why ours loses shape, tenacity and consistency most weeks.

5 Likes

Some would say that you’re making mountains out of molehills. :wink:

2 Likes

Robbo last night said that if he don’t make finals he is gone. He’ll have inside word.

Woosh coaching for his life over the next 4 weeks.

1 Like

Tackles are not always indicative of pressure.

A player can not attack a 50/50 ball, let his opponent get it, then tackle him.

Or he can attack that ball and put body pressure on the other player and hopefully win the ball himself. Of course this comes with the risk of losing the contest.

I don’t think it’s fair to accuse Heppell of a lack of pressure as he puts his body on the line time after time whether its backing back to take a mark, attacking contest after contest etc.

4 Likes

No he doesn’t.

Suspect I will be in here at about 8:30.

2 Likes

“What’s happened to David Myers, Aaron Francis and Kyle Langford?”

From the Robbo article lmao.

1 Like

I thought Darcy has just been offered a two year extension recently.

All good. It’s ok to disagree. I look at the games they’ve won this year with limited resources. They went to Adelaide and knocked off Port. They went to Perth and knocked off Fremantle. They absolutely smashed us in the wet before the heat went out of the contest and Langford kicked some cheapies late. Yes, the dogs and Roos have smashed them but both games at Marvel where they don’t play all that well. Compare their injury list to ours. It’s not even close in quality or quantity yet they still sit above us.

Last year they played a shocker in the prelim. Cox was marking everything and kicking goals from everywhere. He’ll never play like that again. Sidebottom has 40 touches and did what he liked. They just came up against a hot team when they were a little off at the worst possible time.

We’ve lost 3 games by 11pts or less this season. Good sides find the line in those games and solid systems and structures tend to get you there and that’s where we lack IMO.

7 Likes

Thats a good point actually.

People want to hold onto the fact worsfold wona premiership, which he did.

But as you sayin relation to the forwardline, their forwardline was trash also and still won the comp with quinton lynch and ashley hansen as their main forwards.

Yeah, Richmond are still a good team… and great on paper. Losing Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Edwards, Nankervis, Lambert, Astbury… and they’re still a game above us… sheesh.

Just one of the indicators that shows you the gulf between us and the best teams… there will be another indicator tonight, Im afraid

It’s worth going just to see T Greene up close.

But there are some seriously good players going around tonight. On both sides. And you might get to see N Haynes up close. Now there is a good player.

The cats beat them by nearly 70 points.

They didn’t beat WCE in Perth.

They’ve had two decent wins all year - both against teams that are fighting for the bottom half of the 8 in Freo and Port.

They’ve been smashed by any decent team they’ve played - Collingwood, Geelong, GWS and fallen well short against Adelaide.

1 Like

If we lose in the same insipid manner to GWS as we did to them in Round 1, infront of what will be a very low 20ks home crowd, I think he will be gone by Monday.

5 Likes

Take it to the lid off thread, mate!

4 Likes

Yep … can you snell that in the air … its a coach killing vibe game in thw air

You didn’t actually mean this did you?

3 Likes

Snelling to coach the season out? Interesting

2 Likes

I’m not fussed on whether we keep Woosha or not but does winning tonight really change anything? It’s unlikely we win 7 of our last 9 therefore we’ll miss finals. Those that want him gone will just wait for the next loss or two before they turn up the heat.

1 Like