Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Edit - finger. Still sounds erotic.

Don’t let YT see this.

We are still 9th and 50/50 chance to make finals, hardly inspiring tbh.

I’m satisfied with the performance the last couple of weeks… still huge concerns about our fitness levels and starting 2 seasons in a row completely underdone for what is suppose to be a professional sporting club.

1 Like

It’s obvious we need a tall marking forward who can consistently kick 2 goals a game, I can’t believe Woosha hasn’t arranged this.

2 Likes

Huge concerns over our skill level as well. We are shutting teams very well which is keeping us in games for longer, but the next 2 weeks are a massive challenge. If we lose both (probably likely) then our finals are gone and the heat goes back on him.

It’s not helping that we have 2 small forwards who are playing very very poorly at the moment.

LOL

Which one ? Just tick the box

1 Like

I vote Ron Andrews.

1 Like

Wins cover over cracks? West Coast must have some massive cracks to cover over. :wink:

2 Likes

The key element to our issues IMO isn’t game plan or personnel

It’s ball use and to a lesser extent decision making

As much as the coach is ultimately responsible the questions have to be asked about why our players can’t execute basic skills often under no pressure

I know people speak of the top sides at training and the ball almost never hitting the ground in drills, but our training rarely is like that and that follows on to game day

Beautiful sunny day at the G. Inexcusable.

Lack of composure & inability to execute skills is the biggest issue for us. And makes the footy almost unwatchable, and gives you anxiety.

8 Likes

Probably due to fitness as well. The longer the season goes on, the more tired you become and the skill level drops.

Like he says

I just look at the way we started the last two seasons. I cant see any redeeming features for a coaching panel that has us that unprepared at the start of the year, two years in a row.
I might be wrong, maybe there was a reason for it, maybe is was the start of some plan. But it doesnt fill me with any confidence in the coaching panel.

1 Like

And you know this, how???

I get that and agree in part but I reckon there’s gotta be some balance.

I flew to Sydney for the GWS game and it was deplorable. It is absolutely on the coaches and players as to how after an entire pre-season we can dish that up in round one. However after another poor performance in Rd 2 we then played some good footy and won a few comfortably. I thought we were great Anzac Day and I’m pleased with 4 of the last 5.

I posted a few months ago as to what I’d heard regarding why we were so poor early. I won’t back over that. I think since then and with the side we had we’ve been alright. I just don’t rate our fwd line at all and I’d be surprised if many coaches would have us too much higher. With no Dev or JD for the season (pretty much), no Fanta or Stringer at times, no Ambrose or Belly lately I just think we are doing as well as we can.

3 Likes

Whether he goes or stays I’m not that fussed

Losing Joe D and Stewart has completely arsed about our whole fwd structure

Throw in Smith and Raz’s spasmodic appearances

Now add TBell and Ambrose

And of course throw in our complete inability to hit a target going forward

I’m not sure a new coach will change a thing

8 Likes

Can you repeat what you heard again?

1 Like

How many coaches do we have? The coaches box looked full. Any chance one of them could come up with a kicking out strategy?

13 Likes

Good question. The Hurley to a pack near the boundary line is clearly not working

Actually hasn’t worked for 4 years

11 Likes

Sure, cause you asked, but to be fair HAP and a couple of others didn’t buy it.

I heard that the intention was to bring in a game plan that was very different to what the players had been used to and how they played last season. The playing group struggled to grasp it. JLT was a mess due to trying to play to this plan. The playing group were very united but the coaching group were not and the new game style was dropped after JLT 2 and prior to Rd 1. GWS game was a disaster.

I’m very comfortable that this is true but as I say a few posters on here didn’t buy it all.

6 Likes

surprised I didn’t get a mention like i normally do.

There is alot of people gloating at present re whoosa for a team who still sits ninth after beating 12th, 13th, 17th and 3rd (now fifth).

granted if we were flying and playing decent football i could understand it more.

oh well Just remember who painted the bullseye on your guys backs, cos i can imagine the stuff that’s being dished up now, will come back 10 fold if he does get sacked.