Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Hahaha but you nuffies said he was “too stubborn to change”?

2 Likes

And yay.
He’s not.

1 Like

It’s also simply too easy for people to say “oh well he’s changed things and that’s why we’ve improved”.

Yes we have made some changes, like Clarke, but the systems and structures and game plan from earlier in the year remain basically the same. We’ve also lost a bunch of personell since the early parts of the season too.

The majority of the improvement has come from our players learning to execute those plans and structures better - just like Worsfold always said that they would.

10 Likes

Just ignore him.

6 Likes

LOL

3 Likes

In the haters defence they’ve been screaming for Woosh and the other coaches for 18 months to stop playing old and cooked players and play kids and in their natural position, they also screamed for us to start tagging.

Those 2 things are a big reason for our current form.

Woosh is still learning about his list and is starting to capitalise. Good on you sir.

1 Like

I’ve had a rough day and I wanted to find the closest nitwit to take it out on.
cathartic.

1 Like

They could scream for Myers to be force fed cabbages and slapped with haddock. Believing you’re the reason for anything is absolute delusion.

3 Likes

Remember when you wanted him sacked a couple of weeks ago?

Ok, I’ve said very little about Woosha. I gave him a huge pass for 2016. I thought 2017 was about ok. I was seriously disappointed in the first 8 weeks of 2018. When Mark Neeld was sacked last year, according to “just between us” The Age real footy podcast, Woosha did not agree, went to console Mark and the club was genuinely concerned whether he would come back. Worsfold does not always make the best decisions, I’ll agree.
Which brings us to this year. First two weeks. Genuinely WTF. Then sorta get it together, then get exposed, then what has happened the last four weeks, I did not expect.
I want to believe. If this is some kind of master plan to bring it all together, I will seriously take my hat off. I do know that 4 weeks ago, I was thinking “it’s time” - time to plan for a future without Woosha. It took me a long time to get off the Worsfold train - so I feel nervous about getting back on - but I just can’t argue with what I’ve seen over the last 4 weeks, 3 in person.

1 Like

John reads Blitz.

Implements #blitzstrategies

We start winning.

All good.

12 Likes

Three

I stand by the group name. Until he wins a GF he will still be a seedy pharmacist who only took the job cause he had no money

2 Likes

Rubbish. You blamed him for not winning games. Now he’s winning games. You have the audacity to suggest it’s because he’s doing what you said?
Can you tell him to win a flag too? Then I can relax.

1 Like

Win a flag, Woosha.
Done.

Now, can we take my name out of the thread title?
I’m sure we can think of a much better, more optimistic one that better reflects how he’s going.

1 Like

If Woosha hasn’t been reading Blitz then maybe someone else on the coaching might have or many on this forum, have very good coaching type brains.

Don’t know that it’s all just young players/playing in their positions. No doubt they’re both contributing factors.

Watched Fri nights game live. Bees dik margin for error in the way we played against the Crows… there were one-handed takes of passes at speed, one-handed pick ups and blind hand passes galore. A handful of those don’t come off, players are caught out fwd of the ball and things might’ve been closer.

Now that’s not meant to be critical… the best pull off the fine margin stuff consistently… it’s what makes them the best. But the one thing that allows a team to do that consistently is confidence, in yourself and your teammates… and it’s more mental than anything physical or structural. Confidence is high and the players are riding a bit of a wave.

Who knows how long it continues… but they’re believing in themselves regardless of the opponent. And Woosh’s gotta take credit for some of that… maybe this ‘player-led’ thing ain’t so kooky after all.

2 Likes

What does the football manager do then?

I don’t think anyone beleives they’re the reason for anything, It’s undeniable though that the coaches are implementing things supporters were asking for 18 months ago now.

1 Like