Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

The way I feel right now, I’d sack the coaches, the selection panel and the fitness staff purely on the basis of the comment about knowing Fantasia is sore and needs an op. I’m sure that’s irrational, but ffs it feels like they’ve basically thrown the best interests of the player AND the side under a bus. He cannot contribute meaningfully so what the fark are we trying to prove!?

I’m actually scared of the impact it’s having by playing injured players. It happened with Joe. I’ll excuse Smith because it was known that he’d play until he no longer could. But Hooker is struggling with a back injury. Raz we know is cooked. And if Hep picks up a hot spot or worse because he keeps playing on that foot, the hanger will probably get burnt to the ground.

19 Likes

Ross Lyon just to bring that really hard edge.

Very interesting that those who have given out stick to the worsfold critics haven’t been seen too much, except for YouTeam. He has fronted up, so props to that

5 Likes

I agree with this but fark me, imagine what our team would have looked like? Zaka, Raz, Hepp and Hooker were all playing sore. Who would have come in? Mozz, Ham, Jok, Zerk? In hindsight it couldn’t have been much worse but that selection is definitely throwing in the towel for the season.

Jlt 1

1 Like

What a fantastic five minutes they were, too.

Suck it

Jok is a little left field, but the others seem like sensible decisions to me.
Mozz for Fanta, Ham for Zaka, ZT and/or Hartley for Hooker.
Ridley was another option.
We seem to have all these part time midfield options, but what’s the point if we keep going back to the well on Myers, Baguley and McNeice?

You’ve said that a couple of times now. Who are they?

I’m waiting to see if they front up or not first

Yep. So if we didn’t play Myers, Baguley and McNeice, and also the guys carrying injuries like Hooker, Zaka, Hepp and Raz, that’s 7 more players we would have had to find… Do we even have enough on the list for that?

1 Like

I think Collingwood the other week only had 24 or 25 fit AFL listed players and they coped.

You’re a big hater of the coach… who would you bring in though and why would it be different to the last 3 coaches?

The selection committee has been a f*cking disgrace for the last 3 years. Not just with injuries, but dropping kids after 1 average/ok game as the scape goat… but continue playing injured & out of form experienced players.

As soon as we throw a group of kids into the team after some dismal loses, our form turns around instantly.

You can’t build a quality culture of players by separating inexperienced vs experienced. And having standards for 1 group but not the other.

2 Likes

Thought I might feel better about it after sleeping on it. Nope… when a team in a fight for finals puts in performances like the last three weeks - culminating in the ignomy of us being given a “standing ovation” by Bulldogs supporters for kicking our second goal - I’ve now realised the whole club is shot. As diabolical as the coaching is, we’ve got far bigger issues than just Worsfold. There should be a procession of people packing their bags with him.

Another pair of 100 pointers is every, every chance folks. It’s only a shame we won’t be seeing $8 again for them…

2 Likes

Nope.
Assuming the players we rested are worse than those that played.
I think that is, in fact, an assumption.

1 Like

Are you replying to me?
If so yes we have blokes in the VFL that should be getting the nod over the veterans. Last nights result was never in doubt only the margin. I’d rather lose by 100 with Hams, Gown etc than going back to the well and picking the old players

3 Likes

But we’re getting games into the kids. Worsfold said do last night…

I’m not even talking about the performance. We all know it was ■■■■. I’m saying knock those 7 guys i listed above that people are complaining about off the list and show me the team you come up with.

Pretty brutal times. I can’t remember injuries ever being this bad. Match selection must be a fun process right now.