Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Mate, guys like Gown are miles off senior AFL footy. The cupboards bare. I understand not wanting Myers, Bags etc playing and last night these players stood out for the wrong reasons which is saying something given the team performance but there’s still got to be some sort of selection integrity.

Myers has been far and away the best vfl players since going down. You could absolutely ruin guys like Gown, Mossie and Mynott by playing them when they are miles off it.

3 Likes

Went last night like every home game.Home at 12.30 ( thanks metro )
Not even angry just SO disappointed, was actually hoping we didn’t kick those last 3 goals, only so as to highlight to everyone how bad we are.
My thoughts ; we are poorly coached, poorly prepared , poorly motivated , disinterested,dare i say it mentally weak.
Watching last night the Dogs were exceptional. They ran in waves always handballing to a team mate linking up and sprinting forward and always hitting up a target.
Embarassingly their transition from defence to goal was always looking like it was going to go coast to coast.
Their methods at pack marking situations were sensational ,1 or 2 go up if not marked always punched/pushed down to their runners and then they sprint forward in waves.
It s not only the dogs we saw it with GWS , even though we won , they were playing as a well drilled / coached unit.Knowing when and where to run , defend ,
SADLY we are nowhere near that level.
I know we have a million injuries , i know we are stupidly playing sore / injured players,but if we were a well drilled team/club/unit we could have,should have played WAY better and COMPETED.
Something is dreadfully wrong and I am so ■■■■■■ off that we are ruining another playing group.
Thanks for letting me vent.

6 Likes

I’m sure we all want the same thing Robbo, it’s not a competition mate. Unless they got personal, which they may have and then I get you baiting them.

So when is his contract up?

Would like to see us pounce on Teague, just for the LOLz.

Need to get a ruthless coach.

So if we go with 7 out.
How about:
Lav
Ridley
Ham
Mynott
Jok
BZT
Houlahan
Mozzie

That’s 8 that could have played if required and wouldn’t have made much difference to the score last night

1 Like

Very easy to say in hindsight.

Actually right that whole list out in positions and look at it. Not a game winning list.

How do you know they aren’t ready until they are given a go. Some may actually excell and some may struggle but you would atleast find out about what you have.

4 Likes

Oof. Burn on Hartley.

1 Like

Yeah I missed him sorry.
He isn’t up to it IMO but atleast he is injury free

1 Like

Some would think the last paragraph is what you say to players to get them to perform. Sadly nowadays, players are more likely to slide into their shell after such a blast.
I think there is a place for a blast, but if it needed to be repeated often, then the message isn’t being heard and a different approach should be looked at. Same can be said of the ‘encouraging appraisal’ approach.

He really, really isn’t. Nor is Jok.

Unless the example you want to set is “avoid injuries by avoiding contests”. Which, perhaps, might be the smart call.

I don’t believe Ridley is any worse than the senior side standard in that regard, and better than some.
So, yeah.
He really, really is.

1 Like

I get the ‘play them to see what they’re about’ belief of some.

I’m way different. If they are big bodied, mentally strong kids and getting a kick, ok I’d think about it.

Like you, I don’t rate Hartley but at least in the twos he copes and looks like he belongs. I’ve seen the twos and Jok, Mynott, Gown, Mossie are miles off senior AFL footy.

I’d rather we play the tried and strong bodies and lose cause we aren’t good enough than play kids who’ll get smashed. I understand you saying that we don’t know if we don’t try them but based on what I’ve seen that’s my opinion of that lot.

Hams is absolutely tiny but can find the footy and assuming he coped ok with the senior call up he had earlier, I’d certainly play him before Bags. Zerk looks like he’d cope but again it would depend on what’s between the ears. I think unfortunately Ridley may have sooked up and looks shot. Might request a trade.

2 Likes

A serious question-what has happened to Ridley? Last week I was called an idiot and stupid for questioning his selection over Witherden but living in Geelong he was referred by the Geelong Advertiser as ‘Hird like’ - ok he’s not that but he is far better than a player getting 3 possessions each week in the VFL recently. His selection and development is symbolic of EFC systems and processes.

2 Likes

Jok doesn’t avoid contests, I think that comment is a bit strange?

Yep I was. But I was meaning which coach would you bring in.

I didn’t think he played that bad when he was dropped from the seniors. Was one of our best on ANZAC Day then then following week against the Cats he wasn’t great but still far from our worst and then gets dropped to the VFL never to be seen again. Handled him very poorly IMO

6 Likes

People on here wanted him turned into a wingman. That’s what the club is attempting to do and it has not gone at all well.

Blitz complains when we play people out of their position, but then also demand we do exactly that. When it fails the club is to blame.

1 Like

I’m not a great lover of Brad Scott but he made contested ball the main focus and got a list far worse than ours into 2 Prelims and on a shoe string football department budget. I wouldn’t give him the job now but I’m undecided if Caracella should step straight in but whatever the options we simply can’t keep Woosha at the club

6 Likes

I don’t even want to make finals. We will get smashed again.