World Cup Thread 2018

Let’s wait and see how many get out of the group. I’m still backing 3 of the 5 to get through and maybe even 4

I’m just being a smartarse! Just reminding you that you spent the whole leadup dumping your salt on african, asian, central american sides.

1 Like

Gee interesting results over night. Group H wide open with those results, Japan should get through, Colombia v Poland up next should be interesting with both hunting a win.

Russia have surprised me but i doubt they’ll go far with either Spain or Portugal waiting for them in the knockout stage

Glad someone finally made this point, it’s apart of the game and literally no other nation complains as much as we do.

If you can’t handle diving then simply don’t watch

Every second comment on here is complaining about a dive. Ffs haven’t you people ever watched a soccer game besides this World Cup?

2 Likes

With VAR there isn’t much point diving in the box now because the ref won’t pay it he’ll wait for the other refs. We saw it with the Australian game and the Sweden one as well. Players will realise this and work harder to make the most of the opportunities (i hope)

But aceman and bomber93 are spot on, it’s an accepted part of the game it’s only us that see it as an issue

1 Like

It feels like a lot of the goals are coming from penalties/free kicks.

Yeap pretty much everyone exaggerates the contact a little, but the free is usually there, so nothing to get too worked up about.

It’s the really blatant ones where they hold the head, when they get a innocuous tap on the leg or nothing happened at all that needs to be monitored by VAR. Or the rolling around on the ground and then popping back up immediately. The is not really a VAR issue for me, the refs just need to be a bit tougher in general play, when they are the players cut it out pretty quick.

Wish a ref would give a free one day, but still book a player for overacting, just to teach them a lesson.

No. For this reason.

1 Like

Optus just confirmed all remaining group games have been shared with SBS

7 Likes

Can’t write this ■■■■. Legit one of the all time biggest ■■■■ ups on behalf of optus here

2 Likes

Does this mean sbs are showing all group games live now?

Yep, lots of talk about it at work.

Yes

Can I get a refund from optus?

Its just baffling how bad it is. The amount of money they stand to lose would be staggering

Yes, call them

Serious lolz at them still trying to say only a “small number” of subscribers were effected

Optus:
“Its been ok the last few days”

That’s because everyone just watched SBS you ■■■■■■■ pelicans

2 Likes

Bless Craig Foster

2 Likes

They only paid sbs 8 mill for the rights apparently so not a staggering amount. Its the bad publicity thats killing them.