Would we want a loudmouth as Club President?

It’s like choosing Popes

5 Likes

Brash

Could not think of a more worthy recipient!!
Legal, schmegal.
When has Vlad ever bothered with what may or may not be “legal”!

1 Like

Exceptionally competent… absolutely lovely guy… extremely smart… totally passionate about the footy club.

Does seem like an odd choice though but obviously the boards selection criteria differs significantly from mine.

4 Likes

Reminded me of this:

5 Likes

But in all seriousness, Costello would be fantastic. He was federal treasure which means two things:

1 - He has connections.
2 - He’s as crooked as they come.

Sign him up.

3 Likes

This is a good decision, Brasher has been very successful rebuilding the club’s finances since the saga, he has certainly earnt it.

And while a loud prominent president like McGuire / Koch / Kennett would be handy at times, we have an excellent CEO instead.

The Peggy O’Neil / Brendan Gale model has worked very well for Richmond, it will work at Essendon

1 Like

Fanatical bombers fan, lot’s of top end of town contacts, well respected in the financial world, will probably be a very steady president. Won’t be a public in your face pres. If that’s what people want he’s not it. But if we are choosing from current board members we could do worse. A good man.

4 Likes

I have no idea who he is or what his job entails. But i reserve the right to give him both barrels everytime we lose a game

9 Likes

Whoever is the next club appointed board member will be his successor, smells like an interim elevation imo

Gil would concur with all of that.

1 Like

That’s kinda good.

What we need is someone who’s strong, outspoken and willing to rock the boat when necessary to get the right thing done.

But there’s no-one like that putting up his or her hand. So as the safe option, Brasher is just fine.

Brasher will be a good President for the upcoming post Covid-19 period. It will be a tough 12-18 months for the AFL and he’s the right man to steer the club through that.

1 Like

Tough marker @Darli

Brasher. A strong Essendon fan, long-term Board member and all-round nice guy. Great with an abacus. Faceless, no public profile, but well acquainted with the top end of town. Fine, if that’s what you want for the President of the Club…

2 Likes

Important in the context of a post-CoVID19 economy. The AFLs entire business model is out the window until people can attend games to capacity.

1 Like

One of my favourite ever Micallef clips.

1 Like

Stuff the AFL and their corrupt business model. I’m more interested in Essendon’s business model. And this is Brasher’s forté. He’s a great treasurer, but I’d prefer to keep him with his hands on the cashbox and get a pugnacious President with a good public profile who wouldn’t be afraid to call Gill out publicly for the kent he is from time to time. The whole Saga wouldn’t have happened the way it did if we’d had our own Essendon version of Fat Eddie or Crazy Kennett.

3 Likes

Lol

Indeed :+1:

2 Likes