Would we want a loudmouth as Club President?

Only two “need an Eddie“ type comments since the announcement. You’re slipping Blitz.

Is he a President who will be happy to front the media or one that is happy to be working behind the scenes and let Xavier be the face.

I would say the latter however he handles himself very well so there’s no reason at all he shouldn’t do well in front of the media… remember he handled himself very well on blitz when he was last up for election… took some guts

2 Likes

Congrats to Paul. Great fella, very passionate Essendon man and a very astute operator. He has worked tirelessly for the club over a long period of time and deserves this opportunity.

The true test will see how he handles the nuffies at the Annual General Meetings bringing up the SAGA

2 Likes

In light of today’s events this might be worth a re-read… not sure we have ever been able to claim a club president as a blitz member

2 Likes

What’s his position on Shisha on the VFL bench

3 Likes

Pretty liberal i would think. I dropped into his London office a while back, and got the impression he was favourably disposed towards shisha

bloody sideways picture

3 Likes

Must have been good stuff, it sent you sideways.

9 Likes

What ever happened to the Raptor?

4 Likes

It’s exactly what I want. I couldn’t think of anything worse than an outspoken McGuire/Koch/Kennett type.

The thing people who want the outspoken type don’t think about is whether they will actually agree with what the outspoken type will say.

How often have we heard what Peggy O’Neal and Colin Carter have to say about whatever the stupid hot button issue of the week is?

4 Likes

Some else will probably verify this very quickly if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure Brasher and Madden are the only board members left from that era?

Madden joined the board at the end of 2013 i believe. So was involved in the shameful mess with Hird in 2014, but i don’t think any of the other Saga stuff.

I would say that’s a pretty good turnover since the saga then

Brasher only joined in Oct 11, so you cant really peg the decision to hire the Weapon and Dank on him. It was already made or very close to as they started in that offseason.

All the stuff since is applicable.

2 Likes

I wanted to vote!

2 Likes

I’m sure Brasher will do a good job by why didn’t the club go with some one younger?

It’s going to be interesting couple of years as we negotiate our way out of covid19 … a steady experienced hand on the tiller is not the worst outcome.

3 Likes

Might just be the best person for the job because of his experience. He may see what others fail to the second time around.

Loving this ad for the thread:

2 Likes