Would we want a loudmouth as Club President?

Sounds like the bloke will give up the main job sometime next year…

BRING

5 Likes

MEGA

Mayor McCheese.

1 Like

We need bob Katter

Bezos so we can blow the soft cap into oblivion

Nobody needs Bob Katter.

2 Likes

Kim Dotcom?

I am joking obviously :joy:

1 Like

I’ve just sent this to Richmond.

Neil.

How do you do it. How do you transform a total rabble into a united organism.

Please ring Sheeds. Or just join us. I’ve attached a $20 note if that helps.

Regards,

James.

Tigers, your ball.

Ages ago I posted about an interview I saw on
the ABC with Richmond President Peggy O’Neal. It gave a good insight into how they turned things around. They have a very well organised Board… each person on the board has a clear area of responsibility. They even have 2 ex footballers and 4 women and still manage to get the job done - well ■■■■ me!

1 Like

I’d be shocked if Peggy suggested otherwise in an interview.

She actually went into a lot of detail… you wouldn’t make that comment if you saw it.

1 Like

This

3 Likes

I don’t know. I still think I’d be shocked :upside_down_face:

It’d be interesting to know more about the roles and responsibilities of each member of our board. I honestly have no idea if calls to “sack the board” around here are warranted. I’ve got no idea what they actually do!

Ditto This
Brasher was the guy who walked into EFC in 2011 and assessed the risk management structure as wonderful.

5 Likes

I take on board the positive comments about Paul Brasher. However, I can’t get away from the feeling that we are replacing old men in grey suits with other old men in grey suits.

My lasting memory will be the AGM in 2019. I have never seen a group of such switched off, uninterested people siting on an elevated stage during the meeting. When questions about performance, future direction, questions relating to the Michael Warner article in October then eyes glazed over.

A legitimate question was asked about why our strategic plan, made up of 8 “pillars”, contained no statement about winning premierships; that surely this the reason for the very existence of the club and the measure used by supporters for success. The answer said it all “well isn’t it just implied that we aim to win premierships” FMD.

Tanner told the members that the Board would be available after the meeting to chat to them. As soon as time was called at least half of them disappeared into a backroom and didn’t appear until the crowd had left. The only three that stayed were Madden, Lio, Little and Xavier.

The AFL got what they wanted in 2013, a compliant Essendon Board. Nothing has happened since that would convince me and many other Bomber supporters that this has status changed.

Brasher might be a very good money man but I would remind the Board and the supporters that there is one thing that certainly brings money into the club and that is WINNING FARKING PREMIERSHIPS.

15 Likes

Nothing wrong with us most of us, old white men, my suits were mostly blue or black.

The Board is mosty elected and then they appoint the rest. The issue is who the Members vote for, and until the majority of the Membership care enough to vote, you will still get old men in grey suits. Paul Cousins and Katie Lio got up, and some of us hoped the next election more “progressives” would, but it was not to be.

Every Board I have ever served on has had a dud or two, but they get found out and moved on. A footy club should be no different, and in my view EFC is a large business which needs expertise in all aspects on the Board, and maybe overall need to care about their “shareholders” as well a bit more.

Get a Blitz Team together to stand and we could get them elected. Probably they would turn to be old white men, but in jeans and a bomber jacket.

4 Likes

HM and Bomber5as posts are very very alarming.
■■■■ me,when are we ever going to get some good news.

Brasher may have been on the Board but may have been out voted. You are assuming an outcome you have no idea about who did what? So the answer is, throw the lot out?

Has Neil Balme been mentioned