Xmas Playlist

I was looking for this! Nice one Azza.

1 Like

I had this 45 when I was a kid

The moment he got told Epstein had interesting footage from his time on paedo island.

Or Lolita express.

Kids loved this one.

Until one of them did a bit of research about the singer.

1 Like

As a permanently lapsed Catholic I am committed to a totally secular Xmas, nothing religious at all…except for the Messiah. Sorry, but it ain’t Xmas without the Messiah.
PS Must be played LOUD.

2 Likes
1 Like

Here’s some Yuletide reading to complement your Christmas music.

1 Like
4 Likes

Bird demonstrating it’s not what you play, it’s how you play it, with a bit of Jingle Bells thrown in half way through.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I was waiting for someone to post this.

I don’t care if people think it’s daggy - I absolutely love it.

There are probably only three songs in the last 120 years (post “The Holy City which is late 1890s) to cement themselves as Christmas staples - as in - you can turn up to a carol night anywhere and they’re a pretty good chance of getting played.

The third place getter is:

… and it’s a pretty lucky third place, as it’s not really that ubiquitous. But something has got to finish third.

The clear second place getter is:

Pretty ubiquitous, good song, but not that much fun really.

But the undisputed first place getter is the one you posted (the original and best version below:)

It’s a banger. An absolute banger. Even if you don’t admit that you like it you probably secretly still like it.

Kids like it. Young people like it. Old people like it. It has a billion views on YouTube and another billion downloads. It’s sung at every carol night, every school Christmas concert, in countless languages all around the world.

It will be being belted out by people 20 years from now, 50 years from now. In 100 years from now people would would still be belting it out if not for the fact that singing will be banned because of the excess CO2 emissions from raising your voice.

It’s the best Christmas song of all time without question.

8 Likes

This is terrible and great.

Mal Stanley played this on the most recent Jazztrack and it’s really good, but then it’s Kenny Burrell so of course it’s good.

Ray Charles did it too. So cool. Or Yule if you prefer.

1 Like

1 Like

Pretty original and cool to hate on.

And absolutely 100% wrong. Verified banger!

2 Likes
Mariah Carey - all i want for christmas is you
  • Banger
  • overrated

0 voters

When I heard Kurt Elling was producing a Xmas themed album a few years back I cringed. I mean I like Kurt but it had cheesy desperation written all over it and I had been less than enthused with his attempts to crack the commercial market. Turned out to be, to my ears at least, his best work for yonks.