Ye Olde VFL MegaThread — August 2013 to December 2015

Broadcast says no Browne and no Dalgleish.

Pears concedes first mark on lead. Kicked deep, but Steinberg clears at the goal face.

Just reporting the facts.

They have the first point.

0-1

Conor does enough on a high kick running back to stop the Dog marking.

Hardy and FatArse start forward.

Ashby midfield, as named.

Not much happening here…

Pears and Stein majorly undersized.

Dead still conditions.

Paul Hamilton just ran past Saladin and I;, we didn’t trip him up and demand answers/an apology.

Oh how interesting that would have been. Considering how central he appears to have been he’s been invisible.

Still have no idea why they dropped the “hammer sacked” press release 730 pm Brownlow night.

It’s like there was something going on that they didn’t want questions asked about. But obviously that’s not possible as no one knew anything until that press conference…

But they snap one on the throw-in.

0-7 we trail.

Heppell in with the saving punch to the boundary.

1-1-7. bombers yet to score.

Four minutes in, a KAV clearance is our first inside fifty.

If Hocking et al are playing and (it appears) you can only see the VFL by attending, it actually makes it a legit query. Maybe we’ll have to listen to VFL streaming radio at the MCG and really confuse ourselves…

DJR, big decision to be made mate, are you going to watch the AFL or VFL this week ?

For DJR and other followers:

The Box Hill Hawks on top of the ladder again in the VFL and in looking at their year, Simpkin and Sicility have had consistent performances, frequently in the best players for Box Hill. Anderson has popped up occasionally along with Daniel Howe (who was earmarked as a 191cm midfielder) but has been playing out of their back half.

Simpkin is out of contract this year and Sicility played well in last years GF vs the Bulldogs.

Also, their 199cm top goal scorer for the the Hawks is also out of contract - Sam Grimley (on their rookie list).

What are your thoughts on these guys…??

Simpkins is fairly old, isn’t he? 28 ish? He’s been good every time I’ve seen him play, either for Hawthorn or Geelong, but he’s a no for me.

Yep he’s 28 - what about the others?

The Box Hill Hawks on top of the ladder again in the VFL and in looking at their year, Simpkin and Sicility have had consistent performances, frequently in the best players for Box Hill. Anderson has popped up occasionally along with Daniel Howe (who was earmarked as a 191cm midfielder) but has been playing out of their back half.

Simpkin is out of contract this year and Sicility played well in last years GF vs the Bulldogs.

Also, their 199cm top goal scorer for the the Hawks is also out of contract - Sam Grimley (on their rookie list).

Simpkins is fairly old, isn’t he? 28 ish? He’s been good every time I’ve seen him play, either for Hawthorn or Geelong, but he’s a no for me.

Is it tanking if we put our best lineup in the VFL in the aim of a premiership?

a team captained by muscles is a team I can get behind.

What if Muscles is injured again and the Hardy Boy is captain/assistant coach?

How’s Hardy’s shoulder? Any news?

Is it tanking if we put our best lineup in the VFL in the aim of a premiership?

a team captained by muscles is a team I can get behind.

What if Muscles is injured again and the Hardy Boy is captain/assistant coach?