Ye Olde VFL MegaThread — August 2013 to December 2015

I think Langford needs to play on a wing for his first couple of years. He’s good in space and will develop a contested game, but he’s just too skinny at the moment. He needs to be played to his strengths and can move forward later. I don’t mind Laverde being thrown in the middle in the VFL, his body is ready for it and it will help him develop, but if he plays seniors it needs to be as a wingman or high half forward.

How was Aylett?

He wasn’t there

Most weeks thi thread has some sort of solace for us, but with the return of skupwurf, there goes that dream.

Does anyone know what has happened to Hams? I know he was injured against Northern Blues, but he isn’t listed as injured and hasn’t played since.

Does anyone know what has happened to Hams? I know he was injured against Northern Blues, but he isn't listed as injured and hasn't played since.
He did play since but was unremarkable and then got an unrelated (?) injury at training.
Does anyone know what has happened to Hams? I know he was injured against Northern Blues, but he isn't listed as injured and hasn't played since.

Was wondering same

“We will reassess after a good period now, and we will look at our seven games to come home,” Skipworth said.

“Hopefully we can win more than we lose.”

You’d think given how they’ve performed ytd the coach would have a little more confidence than that …Yesterday wasn’t great but still hunting a top four spot you would think .

The reality is the seniors will be nicking almost all the listed players at one time or another from here on in. Take Browne et al out, they’ll lose a lot.

Agreed on McKenna. If we drop another of our “easy” games such as Melbourne, guys like him and Laverde and (kind of) Browne need a taste before year’s end, ready to be thrown into the deep end to an extent next year.

Didn’t notice the bye this week, look forward to rocking into Windy Hill next Saturday after Lindsay Thomas kicks 8 against the seniors the night before.

I’d like to see LaVerde given 3 games. Same with Browne. At the expense of Licha & N’Ob.
I think Dalgleish needs to earn his spot. It just isn’t enough to be fast.
Luck’s a fortune - upgrade McKenna.
Ashby hopefully our next Baguley.

Huh. Female field ump. #38

#26, #38?

Better get her photo. The rumour is that she’s an AFL plant who usually goes by the name “Sarah Lukin”!!!

Richmond mark twenty out and just barely get it through.

46-20

I swear the runner, ran out to Kavanagh and said 'get off, you've just been delisted'
Hope so.

yeah, stay classy there…

Early forecast is 12 degrees, rain and a whole lotta IRISH

From the recovery room, it looks like Kommer, Melksham, Fantasia, Hocking, Myers, Fletch, Cooney, Watson, Colyer, TBell are all injured. I think Chappy and Hams are both still out. Licka and Browne are both maybes.

That leaves Pears, KAV, Giles, Aylett, Langford, Dalgliesh, Dempsey, McKenna, Long. That’s 9 AFL listed players available at VFL level, how much depth does the VFL team have in terms of top-up players?

I thought that injury update was confusing in some respects.

Fantasia - is that a new injury in the last few days or was a thigh what he originally did over the bye? No clarity at all about how far away he is.

Kommer - no clarity again about how long away…but then if the rumours are right about his management of his previous injury, it could be 18 months for this and we’ll never see him again.

Melksham - I think the old doc is having trouble counting or he’s forgetting when the injury happened. They talked about how it’s minor and then the Doc said he’d be a chance for next week (presumably Port on the 25th) with the 21 days…but if he did the injury last thursday (or was it friday) the 21 days is the 30th or 31st, so he’d be no chance for Port.

I thought the VFL side were playing friday night at docklands

"Mark Corrigan steps up to the VFL head-coaching role after his brother - Paul - moved up to look after the backline in the AFL.”

And yes, the Million Dollar Baby is still playing full-forward for VFL Footscray.

Where’s Jez?

Was wondering same

He picked up an injury at training during the week of the VFL game against the Cats. He was sitting on the wings as a spectator and said the club was taking precaution.

Gawd, take your skis and walking sticks you’ll probably need them. Rug up!