6 Time - Hans Zimmer
7 Harness Up - Died Pretty
8 Thin Red Line - Glass Tiger
9 Domino (Medley) - 2007 Digital Remaster - Genesis
10 Someone Who’ll Get It - Highasakite
11 Thick As Thieves - The Temper Trap
12 Belong - R.E.M.
13 The Big Chair - Tears For Fears
14 Partying with T.J. (Now We’re Partying Remix) [feat. The Kleptones] - T.J. Miller
15 Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo & the Bunnymen
16 Black Chandelier - Live From Glasgow - Biffy Clyro
17 Maybe - Carmada
18 I Hear Motion - Models
19 Voices - Alice In Chains
20 Heaven Knows - Robert Plant
21 Hallelujah - The Rubens
22 Screenwriters Blues - Soul Coughing
23 Little Gospel Song - Doug Anthony Allstars
24 Fat Bottomed Girls - Remastered 2011 - Queen
25 Your Body Is A Weapon - The Wombats
26 US Forces - Remastered Version - Midnight Oil
27 If It Be Your Will - Leonard Cohen
28 Sabotage - Beastie Boys
29 Johnson’s Aeroplane - INXS
30 Arabella - Arctic Monkeys
31 The Stroke - Billy Squier
32 Disappointed - Public Image Ltd.
33 Maralinga - Remastered Version - Midnight Oil
34 Iko Iko - The Belle Stars
35 Love Walks In - Van Halen
36 Sunless Saturday - Fishbone
37 We Will Together - 2007 Remastered - Eurogliders
38 Numb - U2
39 We Care A Lot - Faith No More
40 Short Memory - Remastered Version - Midnight Oil
41 So Cruel - Transient
42 Royals - Lorde
43 Burn - From “Natural Born Killers” Soundtrack - Nine Inch Nails
44 EMI - Sex Pistols
45 heartsigh - Purity Ring
46 Black Wind, Fire And Steel - Manowar
47 The Boys Of Summer - Don Henley
48 Mountain Song - Jane’s Addiction
49 Too Hot To Move - The Triffids
50 Blood In The Cut - K.Flay
51 Bring The Noise - Public Enemy
52 Add It Up - Violent Femmes
53 I’ve Got A Plan - My Friend The Chocolate Cake
54 The Power Of Equality - Red Hot Chili Peppers
55 Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen
56 Sirens - Pearl Jam
57 Beds Are Burning - Remastered - Midnight Oil
58 Sleeping Beauty - Divinyls
59 Everything’s Ruined - Faith No More
60 Buy Me A Pony - Spiderbait
61 bodyache - Purity Ring
62 Do You Remember - Jarryd James
63 Dreamworld - Live - Midnight Oil
64 Travelling Light - Tindersticks
65 Let It Happen - Tame Impala
66 Country Feedback - R.E.M.
67 The Only Living Boy In New Cross - Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine
68 Who Can Stand In The Way - Midnight Oil
69 I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
70 Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) - Arcade Fire
71 Don’t Fight It - The Panics
72 One Country - 2011 Remaster - Midnight Oil
73 No Great Mystery - My Own Pet Radio
74 Your Ghost - Kristin Hersh
75 Kong Foo Sing - Regurgitator
76 Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods
77 Power And The Passion - Remastered Version - Midnight Oil
78 Burning Down The House (45 Version) - Talking Heads
79 Pink Houses - Bonus Track - John Mellencamp
80 I’m A Ghost - Hilltop Hoods
81 Outbreak Of Love - Midnight Oil
82 Don’t Wanna Be the One - Live from Goat Island, 1985 - Midnight Oil
83 Berserk Warriors - Mental As Anything
84 Road To Nowhere - 2005 Remastered Version - Talking Heads
85 Velcro Fly - ZZ Top
86 The Dead Heart - 2007 Remastered - Midnight Oil
87 Elephant - Tame Impala
88 Always On My Mind - Pet Shop Boys
89 World Leader Pretend - R.E.M.
90 Political Prisoners - iNsuRge
91 Sleeping Bag - ZZ Top
92 Boyfriend (Repeat) - Confidence Man
93 Are You With Me - Radio Edit - Lost Frequencies
94 Wise Up Sucker - Pop Will Eat Itself
95 Tramp The Dirt Down - Elvis Costello
96 Hanging By A Thread - Mike & The Mechanics
97 Ted, Just Admit It… - Jane’s Addiction
98 Susan’s House - Eels
99 Feels Like We Only Go Backwards - Tame Impala
100 From Can to Can’t - Corey Taylor
101 For America - Red Box

Well, it’s an interesting list. But I don’t use Spotify. Have never been one for collecting singles, which I guess is what this is about.

Not enough accidentally kelly street

Is spotify any good, what doninneed to know?

I like it.
I only use the free version with ads because I can’t justify paying when I don’t have the house properly set up for it.
I’ve never used pandora, so don’t know if that’s better.
But I do like Spotify’s daily playlists based on previous listening, and the end of year list.
Better’n youtubing everythin’.

I like it. I only use the free version with ads because I can't justify paying when I don't have the house properly set up for it. I've never used pandora, so don't know if that's better. But I do like Spotify's daily playlists based on previous listening, and the end of year list. Better'n youtubing everythin'.

I just use Tune In Radio - picking channels I like.

Gold 104 when it’s sometimes on in the classroom, I’m always amazed how many of the songs the kids will hum along to, and clowning ceases whilst their productivity goes through the roof.

O/wise, thanks to large data on the phone, I’ll often stream BBC6, and other alt stations, or US College radio through to the car blue tooth, or other than that, there’s a shitload of new music that continues to pile up, and that will be on any other chance.

Edit: Or double J when I remember it’s available on the telly*, (via the stereo).

What a bonus that* is.

Spotify is good. Also if you have a play station you can listen while gaming. Premium also gives you high resolution audio. Play station plus subscribers have 90 days trial.

The good, the bad and the ugly. Post 'em here.

Well, I’m interested…

http://www.playlist-converter.net/#/

1 MANOWAR MANOWAR MANOWAR!!!

That’s what I understood from the list

I haven’t moved into the new era with this stuff. I do love keeping track of what I’ve been listening to though, and do it on my laptop, so I suppose the move is inevitable.

Can you listen to albums in their original sequence etc. (Sorry for the ignorance.)

Of Wimm’s list, love seeing Mountain Song and Ted… in there. P.E., F.N.M (Everything’s ruined, is such a great song. The bass and the lyrics, that whole album sounds incredible still.) RHCP - Power of Equality, (best snare sound ever recorded.) Regurgitator…

Just don’t get Tame Impala - every song sounds like a George Harrison outtake to me, but anyway.

You can, Zimmer.
But if you don’t pay then it’s broken up by an ad every half hour or so.

I don’t use Spotify or anything like that. I listen to the occasional podcast, usually 80s related, follow some music blogs, and then YouTube anything that excites me to hear more.

I try to listen to full albums a lot, cos I feel I often don’t appreciate the stuff I already have enough. When a track on an album leaps out and I feel, holy crap I never realised how good that song is, I stuck it in an iTunes playlist that I enjoy sequencing as it evolves. By the end of the year I have about 30-50 tunes that made my year. This year was heavy on Preoccupations, Cocteau Twins, David Bowie, The Triffids, and The Chameleons.

If I get a hankering to know some new music I’ll wait to go through some best of lists like Pitchfork or The Quietus around this time. I’m usually disappointed though!

You can, Zimmer. But if you don't pay then it's broken up by an ad every half hour or so.

I thought on a free trial it played the tracks in a random order?

I have to admit I only trialed Spotify once (and like zimmer I listen to full albums, I don’t do playlists) and when a Beyoncé track bobbed up in the middle of an In Flames album I was done with it

You can, Zimmer. But if you don't pay then it's broken up by an ad every half hour or so.

I have to admit I only trialed Spotify once (and like zimmer I listen to full albums, I don’t do playlists) and when a Beyoncé track bobbed up in the middle of an In Flames album I was done with it

Yeah, that’s what I was getting. No go for me.

Free version also is low bit rate (i.e. poor quality), that’s the most important bit.

Yeah I’ve heard that.
Never happens to me.
I don’t know if it’s because mine isn’t through my phone?
I listen to full albums quite regularly. The ads are a pain, but I’ve also never had a random song just play unless I wanted that to happen.

Free version also is low bit rate (i.e. poor quality), that’s the most important bit.

yeah it’s a bit ‘flat’. Didn’t like it much, and urrg the ads…

Maybe the premium product is better but I already have the music I like in 320kbs or higher (FLAC if I can). Listen at work or at home and music library is in the cloud so effectively streaming what I want.

yeah it’s a bit ‘flat’. Didn’t like it much, and urrg the ads…

Maybe the premium product is better but I already have the music I like in 320kbs or higher (FLAC if I can). Listen at work or at home and music library is in the cloud so effectively streaming what I want.

Yeah, premium is 320kbps where available. Makes your data on mobile disappear in a hurry though. There is an option to choose though. 4 if i’m not wrong.