Your preference for pick 1

Because we needed a poll

McGrath for Dempsey.

We may well take McGrath but if we are making the decision on who we take on the basis of Courtney Dempsey finishing up, we are doing it wrong. Just pick the best player.

Luke Ryan at 30 for Dempsey would be very nice

I can feel it, discos gonna call out taranto.

The Sun today condenses the discussion covered on Blitz in 42 pages in about 10 cm of newspaper column, and effectively says it cannot split the 2 players, acknowledges the possible Setterfield gambit and that Taranto and others exist, and conclude its up to Essendon to decide. Nice big pictures of the key players bring the whole piece up to a 1/3 page story.

1 Like

I’m on Brodie btw

lol at the rigged poll…

I went with Clug but I know SFA. I like that he’s able to perform at a high level consistently despite not having an AFL-ready frame yet, nor a full pre-season. I think there’s some genuine upside there. He also has a boss name.

Who the hell wants a classy, goal kicking mid fielder? As if we need one of those. AS IF.

I went Clug for name only. Don’t know enough about them all.

Eh? What happened to McGrath option?

Eh? What happened to McGrath option?

RIGGED!!!

McGrath option please!

The people have spoken!
McCluggage be thy name.

Firstly, needs a McGrath option.

Secondly, let’s wait a couple of weeks to see if we actually have it. The fact that this needs a poll suggests to me that we should be doing everything we can to split it.

Taranto…

CLUGG

So no McGrath, Bowes, Setterfield who are all considered chances at #1. Or Taranto, who might be a long shot smokie. Well, the poll is fair. I can understand on Bowes/Setterfield as they’re academy linked, but the other two?

Personally, I don’t know enough about any of them. I’m not an expert so try not to have favourites, unless it’s a type because we have a need.

My preference this year with whichever pick is one of our first few is that the guys take the midfielder with the highest (in their opinion) likelihood of being a champion. I don’t want the safe option (unless its safe to be a champion), and I don’t care the type of midfielder. With Heppell, Zerrett, Zaha, Parish, and potentially Langford/Laverde/Fantasia/Francis as future midfield options, I don’t think we’re particularly screaming out for a “type”. Just class.

I wouldn’t touch a tall as they don’t sound fantastic, and I don’t think its a pressing need. Adding a (more mature) Francis, plus Belly/Hooker/Hurley into the mix should go a long way to fixing any talls issues we might have for the short term.

SPS at 1 thanks. elite penetrating disposal on both sides good in traffic and a touch of pace.

I mean who in our side now can you say has all that? Doesn’t get leather poisoning yet but reckon he will.

SPS at 1 thanks. elite penetrating disposal on both sides good in traffic and a touch of pace.

I mean who in our side now can you say has all that? Doesn’t get leather poisoning yet but reckon he will.

got it a chunk in the all-stars game.

got it a chunk in the all-stars game.

And colts grand final.

Antler McLuggage