Zakka's new deal

Hopefully is the next one to sign up in that group.

Zaka, Hibberd and Howlett all need to be re-signed asap.

Can you wait until the ink's dry on this one?

You schmook!

Can you wait until your post is loaded before you post another?

;)

Can you wait until your post is loaded before you post another?
;)
Can...
(I have some issue with cacheing or something, keep doing that. My bad)

pazza in the house

Will be great for Zaka to sign on again. Hopefully they save it for when we are under fire from the media...

Hibberd is probably my next favourite. Really don't want to lose any of the others but if Jetta isn't going to get a game then set him free, Hocking, Hardingham & Howlett would be missed but it wouldn't kill us to lose Hardingham and either Hocking or Howlett.

If Hocking is getting dropped it's for brain fades, not because he's not a key player.

Will be great for Zaka to sign on again. Hopefully they save it for when we are under fire from the media...
Hibberd is probably my next favourite. Really don't want to lose any of the others but if Jetta isn't going to get a game then set him free, Hocking, Hardingham & Howlett would be missed but it wouldn't kill us to lose Hardingham and either Hocking or Howlett.

Agree on Hibbo, top 5 at the club in my book.
Hocking would be a big loss, definitely do not want to lose him.

People are happy to lose Howlett? Really?

People are happy to lose Howlett? Really?

No one really said they'd be happy, but I think if it meant not losing someone like a Zaka or Hibberd, the club would more easily cover his loss with a kid like Kav or Browne. Love Howlett, don't get me wrong, but not at the expense of a better player, simple as that. 

I wouldn't be happy to see him go. I'm just resigned to the fact that there's inevitably some player movement each year.

I think if the players only just making your best 22 are as good as Howlett then you are in a good position.

Personally I disagree that Kav or Browne could just step in and replace Howlett. Maybe in time they will be as good or better, but I'd be picking Howlett in a must win game before either of them.

Having said that, Howlett isn't a lock (IMO) for best 22, he will have to make way at some point so we can develop some of the younger guys.

More of Anzac Day 2013 please, and Dreamtime first half !

Hibberd is probably my next favourite. Really don't want to lose any of the others but if Jetta isn't going to get a game then set him free, Hocking, Hardingham & Howlett would be missed but it wouldn't kill us to lose Hardingham and either Hocking or Howlett.

We need Hocking. Very important to our structure.

I wouldn't be happy to see him go. I'm just resigned to the fact that there's inevitably some player movement each year.

I think if the players only just making your best 22 are as good as Howlett then you are in a good position.

Personally I disagree that Kav or Browne could just step in and replace Howlett. Maybe in time they will be as good or better, but I'd be picking Howlett in a must win game before either of them.

Having said that, Howlett isn't a lock (IMO) for best 22, he will have to make way at some point so we can develop some of the younger guys.

Howlett's ten times the player of Kav, Browne, Jetta, or Hardie at the moment.

Ridiculous discussion.

Ridiculous discussion.

And that's being generous to the 4 you've mentioned.

Ridiculous discussion.

I never said he wasn't...

Yeah, I realise that, yours was the one I quoted but not for any particular reason.

Closing on new 3 year deal it seems - leaves only Hocking & Hibberd from last year's Top 10 B&F to re-sign: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/david-zaharakis-closes-on-new-threeyear-deal-with-essendon/story-fni5f6kv-1226846348533

BEST-and-FAIREST winner David Zaharakis is closing in on a new three-year deal at Essendon as he attempts to rebound from a disappointing 2013 season.

Zaharakis finished 10th in the club‘s best-and-fairest last year despite playing 21 games, and was dropped from this year‘s leadership group.

Coach Mark Thompson has expressed his “disappointment” that Zaharakis was not chosen by his peers, and says he could re-enter the leadership group by mid-year.

Zaharakis has already started the pre-season in slashing form, with progress encouraging on a deal to tie him to Essendon until the end of 2017.

He said recently he wanted to stay with the club: “We‘re working through that at the moment with my manager and the footy club, just working through the process pretty much. Nothing‘s been done yet, but it‘s obviously ongoing.”

Zaharakis won the Anzac Day Medal last year with four goals and 34 touches but rarely hit his stride as he did in winning the 2011 Crichton Medal.

The Bombers are yet to start talks with hamstrung defender Michael Hibberd, who was exceptional off half-back last year.

The All-Australian contender is hoping to be fit for Round 1 after a minor hamstring strain in the NAB Challenge.

Under-rated midfielder Ben Howlett and tagger Heath Hocking are also out of contract at year‘s end.

Club great Matthew Lloyd said some Essendon players were “disenchanted with the game”, after they were named as having told ASADA they might have taken banned drugs.

But Essendon‘s players continue to commit in droves, with the Bombers last year signing captain Jobe Watson for four years.

Of the top 10 in last year‘s best-and-fairest, only Hibberd, Hocking and Zaharakis are not locked away, a solid list management position for the Bombers.

Others to commit during the supplements scandal include Dustin Fletcher, Jake Carlisle, Cale Hooker, Dyson Heppell, Tom Bellchambers, Jason Winderlich, Kyle Hardingham, Jake Melksham and Tayte Pears.

Travis Colyer, Alex Browne, Kyle Hardingham and Nick O‘Brien have also re-signed, with the club retaining David Myers and Travis Colyer despite rival interest.