Zakka's new deal

Zaharakis and Essendon already in talks about a new deal:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-12/zaharakis-eyes-new-deal?utm_medium=RSS

Dons open talks with David Zaharakis over new deal

Nathan Schmook  February 12, 2014 5:43 PM

ESSENDON has opened contract negotiations with David Zaharakis, and the star midfielder is keen to finalise an extension beyond 2014 as soon as possible.

Zaharakis is the most important Bomber due to come out of contract this year after a string of players re-signed in 2013, including Jobe Watson, Jake Carlisle and Dyson Heppell.

The 23-year-old, who is entering his sixth season, said talks with the club were ongoing and ideally would not drag out.  

"Hopefully the right thing happens in the end and we get it sorted as soon as we can," Zaharakis told AFL.com.au.

"I love the footy club and you'd always want to play at a footy club you've barracked for.

"We're working through that at the moment with my manager and the footy club, just working through the process pretty much.

"Nothing's been done yet, but it's obviously ongoing."

Zaharakis won Essendon's best and fairest as a 21-year-old in 2011, but his last two years have been interrupted by injury.

The skilful runner has enjoyed a flawless preparation for the new season, however, and is poised to take on more midfield responsibility after spending periods across half-forward.

Other Bombers set to come out of contract at the end of this season include free agents Heath Hocking and Leroy Jetta, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham and Ben Howlett.

Get it done. 

Would never leave.

Hopefully after a flawless preseason we see the best of him.

Would never leave.  
Hopefully after a flawess preseason we see the best of him. 

Sorry...but the irony in that mistake makes me laugh

The exodus continues

Must keep. Is a gun that just may find his consistency very very soon. Doesn't appear to be the type of player that will get the ■■■■■ on because he's not the highest paid player. He does deserve to be in the top five or six though.  

Pazza is back!

I’d be knocking on Hibberd’s door pretty loudly if I were Essendon.

I would be re-signing him straight after Zaharakis.

I rate him in our top 3. Zaharakis in our top 7-8 but is probably our most damaging player when in form ie ANAZAC Day 2013.

Will be dropped by round 3. Overrated.

What…no Age exclusive ?

What...no Age exclusive ?

Little fed the chooks the other day.

ESSENDON has opened contract negotiations with David Zaharakis, and the star midfielder is keen to finalise an extension beyond 2014 as soon as possible.

Zaharakis is the most important Bomber due to come out of contract this year after a string of players re-signed in 2013, including Jobe Watson, Jake Carlisle and Dyson Heppell.

The 23-year-old, who is entering his sixth season, said talks with the club were ongoing and ideally would not drag out.  

"Hopefully the right thing happens in the end and we get it sorted as soon as we can," Zaharakis told AFL.com.au.

"I love the footy club and you'd always want to play at a footy club you've barracked for.

"We're working through that at the moment with my manager and the footy club, just working through the process pretty much.

Zaharakis won Essendon's best and fairest as a 21-year-old in 2011, but his last two years have been interrupted by injury.

The skilful runner has enjoyed a flawless preparation for the new season, however, and is poised to take on more midfield responsibility after spending periods across half-forward.

Other Bombers set to come out of contract at the end of this season include free agents Heath Hocking and Leroy Jetta, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham and Ben Howlett.

So who out that bunch are free agents., let alone restricted free agents?

Buddha and Jetta I think move into the restricted free agent area this year.

Such a ■■■■■.

Such a ■■■■■.

Loose reporting. I'm shocked!

Tzatsiki

GYROS FOR ALL

Big day for Zaka, also features on the AFL membership card for Essendon supporters!

It seems like so fkg long ago zaka won our b&f. Since then he has been solid, but hasn’t recaptured that form. injuries have played a part in this though. For us to have a real chance at a flag this year, we need him at his best. He needs to be damaging through the middle and take a bit of heat off jobe, hep and Goddard. Zaka at his best is a vital key to how good we can be imo

Can play.