#1 Andy McGrath - from April 2022

Andy is rated elite for rebounds from D50. So, he’s above average in most categories. The ultimate role player. He looks best when he’s got a license to take the game on tho which hasn’t happened since that block of games last year where he, Darc and Merrett were dominating out of the middle. That’s the preferred version not the “vanilla” type on display at the moment.

1 Like

McGrath had zero hitouts last week. He’s clearly not working hard enough or he would get to more ruck contests.

3 Likes

Petracca was so injured last week he finished in the Dees top 6 possession players last night.
Why can’t the numpties who knock McGraths game last week see that he did a good job ?

6 Likes

McGrath was good last week.

In his best games of recent years he scraps away with a good mix of defensive and offensive work and maybe kicks a goal or two out of nothing. His natural leap is an asset and I like it when he floats back and takes out a medium forward in the air.

When hes confident he does all that and does a lot of it. Hes got a good workrate.

Snelling and him chipping away should help us get the win this week.

3 Likes

Feel the Rath.

rath

/rɑːθ/

noun

ARCHAEOLOGY

1. (in Ireland) a strong circular earthen wall forming an enclosure and serving as a fort and residence for a tribal chief.

Feel the circular earthen wall

5 Likes

He’s great.

The criticism on McGrath re drafting is that I think on needs in retrospect McCluggage or Taranto would fit our list better.

And all three were pretty hard to split talent wise. Particularly McCluggage and McGrath at draft time.

3 Likes

I still luv ya Andy.

7 Likes

He was equal 6th for possessions last week :upside_down_face:

You obviously don’t remember the commentators last week saying in the 2nd half that Petracca must be injured because he wasn’t playing on the ball, he played in their forward line & the anti McGrath peanut gallery on here fall for it hook line & sinker .
Petracca isn’t injured atm & McGrath kept in quiet in the 1st half when matched directly against him , end of story. If he got off the leash & got a few touches in the 2nd half against hep or red man or whoever, it wasn’t McGraths fault.

8 Likes
2 Likes

You used him being top 6 for possessions this week as evidence he’s not injured. I merely pointed out he was top 6 against us as well. Ergo if he was tagged out of it by McGrath (I didn’t say he wasn’t) then he must have been tagged out of it again to a similar level against Port or he may just be carrying an injury. When you look at his games in Rnd 1 & 2 there’s a steep drop off for 3 & 4 so an injury or 2 effective tags are possibly explanations.

Actually, they weren’t.

And it’s not in retrospect - search for the “wise in foresight” thread.

How would you rate McGraths work on Oliver in the second half then? Why just focus on the first half

1 Like

Cause he played so well on Petracca he made Goodwin move him to the forward line. I saw Caldwell on Oliver for most of the game I don’t reckon McGrath was running a tight tag on him.

5 Likes

I was into McCluggage I think. But get around Andy, he’s a quality footballer.

Wasn’t sure on Taranto

Needs his longer hair back. Made him look faster.

He can tag Crouch

Initially read that as “Sit on Couch”.

Sponsor will be happy.

1 Like

The anti McGrath peanut gallery have every right to be disappointed in McGrath worth. How about his turn over in the last quarter at our 50M when we still had a slight chance. McGrath made sure we lost with that rubbish