#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Rather than using guesswork, head over to Dunlop’s analysis for actual data.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/midfield-clearance-analysis

That’s great research mate. And that’s all on the AFL app? I will have to check it out

@efc1robbo

yep just go to the match and player stats section (or just go to stats bottom right upon opening app and search a player name)

Click on the player name. The click to player profile.

Then will find the below and then can select “extended highlights” and then can view each piece of vision and it’s markered up with what’s about to happen.

4 Likes

Of course you don’t include the most relevant stat - Score Involvements - Merrett is aa fair way ahead in this metric - And of course this ties in with ball use.

Score involvements are there.

Ave 6 each.

One thing Zac definitely does more of is go for the riskier attacking kicks

3 Likes

My researched stats show Merrett 40 and McGrath 36 - Thought the stats would we wider - Interesting stat - Merrett has received coaches votes in 5 games - My eyes tell me that McGrath mainly played on Cripps - Parish spent more time on Walsh.

I swear its like no one is reading my posts haha
Everyone is repeating what I said already

may have been pointed out, but McGrath hit Jones up inside 50 on Sunday which he converted. Did you not count that?

1 Like

I just went by the website, It may not have had this weeks data.

3 Likes

McGrath will be a gun and I’m happy we took him over tarranto but imagine if we took mcluggage given our obvious need for another winger.

Our line up

Ruck: Draper, parish, Perkins

Centre line: cox, Merrett, mcluggage

Yep, agree with this. Caldwell has that ability to be a similar mold to Selwood. Interestingly, Perkins has a bit of Dangerfield to him (and apparently models his game on him to a degree) and according to the Stringer article on Superfooty, he sees a bit of Bont in Cox.

We’re doing the right thing by giving these kids regular opportunity. If we continue to develop them and keep them healthy and happy, the future is indeed bright.

1 Like

with our player development McCluggage would have been playing in the forward pocket.

1 Like

been updated with last week’s stats and still no goal assist for McGrath.

If that’s just one I can think of off the top of my head wonder how many other goal assists have been missed for all players.

1 Like

I watched the Jones highlights and yes McGrath hooked the ball to about 30m out direct in front and Jones jumped in and took a good pack mark. I wouldn’t call it a “hit up” though. Happy to credit him with the goal assist though.

You’d preferred it set up nicely on Jones’ head then?

I credited it. A hit up for me is to the advantage 1 on 1 or on the lead. That kick was placed to a dangerous spot, but it was not a hitup for Jones.

Yeah I put a bit of Mayo on it. But if a kick which is marked by a team mate which he then converts isn’t credited as a goal assist it doesn’t give much credence to the stat.

3 Likes

Well, it just proves my point that all other stats are bullshit too. Hearing that McGrath had 29 disposals and bla bla bla, means nothing. Cyril Rioli had 100 times the impact of McGrath with 10 disposals. Cox has had a much bigger impact with his 10-15 disposal games.

Sometimes the wrong player having the ball 30 times is just as bad as allowing the opposition player get the ball 30 times. We got killed by turnovers, which is the one stat that is not grey. The opposition getting the ball generally means that your team is setup to defend, whereas turning the ball over generally means your teammates are going to get caught out on the rebound.

We need to recruit skillful players, not players that can accumulate 40 possessions.

5 Likes

I liked you better when all you did was post memes and jokes.