#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Number # 6 stubby, leave me the ■■■■ alone!!!

Back pocket

McGrath hacks it forward

Adelaide won’t be the easy beats many think they will be.

1 Like

McGrath does throw in the odd shank.

However.

If the ‘blind kicks out to space’ thing bothers you, try this.
You’ll need to be honest with yourself. It’s difficult.

Watch any single game that doesn’t involve us.
Watch every kick out of congestion.
Note whether it was a strategic target kick or a territory kick (otherwise know as a blind kick out to space).
You may be surprised.

14 Likes

kicked it 45 degrees out of our f50 outside of the f50 to the advantage of two dees players, who took it up the other end and scored

played alright, but is not a forward, why did he spend the 4th qtr there?

Being defensive is his go, play him like that.

7 Likes

I hear you, but when has this happened with a #1 pick, ever

Who cares. The history of number one picks is checkered.

What matters is where we can get the best out of him.

5 Likes

Thought he was fantastic

There’s been worse returns from a number 1 pick.

2 Likes

he’s our jack watts. embrace it brother

1 Like

There is a huge difference between a defensive midfielder and a tagger. We were crying out all week to have the capability to put time into the oppositions most dangerous mid, which Petracca is. Having McGrath with the ability to do that job but still win ball and provide run in link up play us an asset. No need to poo poo the idea.

13 Likes

Don’t see many of our mids willing to sacrifice their game for the team, should play this role a little more often.

4 Likes

They’re pretty much the opposite as players… short ■■■■, can’t kick, real good in the contest vs tall, beautiful kick, hates the contest.

I honestly think you’re forgetting how sh*t Jack Watts was.

9 Likes

Playing defensive mid role tonight worked well

He did miss that kick inside 50 in the last which was horrendous but credit to him for the job on petracca

2 Likes

Defensive mid is probably where it’s at with him. His kicking isn’t accurate or long enough for him to be a real weapon off half back. Disappointing but I think he will still have a good career

“Some major company” was BHP which is Australia’s biggest. Maybe read the news or something. And is it really such a foul to be interested in things other than footy? Would you have preferred InstaZaka?

that’s probably true, but i think you (and blitz) are dismissing how much he has regressed

he’s progressively gotten worse over a few years