#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Taranto looks ■■■■■■ good.

Why is the thread title what it is? ■■■■ title.

The kid has played one game and showed good signs it’s really disrespectful, everyone shouldn’t judge the kid so soon.

Maybe, but how hard is it to stand next to the goalkeeper and just thump it into touch all the time.

I reckon if McGrath had of been playing actual midfield for us in that Pies game with the way we were moving the footy he’d have got his 15-20 possessions, and got on the highlight reel.

The fact he was playing an accountable defensive role shouldn’t be held against him compared to the others who were essentially playing as outside mids.

Taranto did look great, GWS are a strong team. McCluggage got a few nice touches and did well but not a a huge impact.

Happy for McGrath to do his time in defence and transition to midfield like Hep/Mills have. That might not always be in the 1’s however. Although if he is playing more 2’s I think he’ll be getting far more midfield minutes.

Why is the thread title what it is? ■■■■ title.

Was just gonna say. What the ■■■■ is wrong with you people?

Are you being confrontational?
ARE YOU???

Nice pick up! Sometimes I like to live on the wild side.

McGrath’s first quarter was dynamic, got a heap of the ball and wasn’t panicked in his disposal. In the second quarter he and his opponent were rarely sighted, mainly because Varcoe was hardly near it. Rested in the second half. His minutes are being managed in readiness for round 1

Any criticism of MCG after one JLT game is harsh and judgemental.

On the other hand, I really like the sound of this WANNABE JNR guy. Seems well balanced reviews of his talents across the board.

Remember where you are Humble

McGrath ran back with the flight to spoil a ball over the boundary line. Great piece of play.

That he was the number 1 pick and who we could have picked instead is now irrelevant, just enjoy this fine young player.

He's in Dubbo. Lucky guy.

Didn’t Varcoe mark 30 out on a slight angle plus kick a super goal? Not sure if McGrath was on him the entire game?

He's in Dubbo. Lucky guy.

But, did he hear anything?

McGrath's first quarter was dynamic, got a heap of the ball and wasn't panicked in his disposal. In the second quarter he and his opponent were rarely sighted, mainly because Varcoe was hardly near it. Rested in the second half. His minutes are being managed in readiness for round 1

Let’s not get carried away. He had 3 handballs.

Didn't Varcoe mark 30 out on a slight angle plus kick a super goal? Not sure if McGrath was on him the entire game?

The first goal was because ambrose dropped a mark and I don’t think mcg had got on the ground yet.

The super goal came in the last when they switched varcoe to be a loose in defence across half back. On the actual play green was nominally accountable for him and zaha was less than impressed that green didn’t payush hard enough through the middle to cover him. To be fair to green varcoe was front running and green initially hedged his bets to see if we’d win it on the wing.

Oh well it’s February

Hmmmm… so far -

Season Games: 0
Goals: 0
B & Fs: 0
Places in Hall of Fame: 0
Gold Medals: 0
#1 Albums: 0
Solo Yacht Trips Around the World: 0
NYT Bestsellers: 0
Nobel Prizes: 0
Space Flights: 0
Presidential Terms: 0

Nothing I tells ya! Must be time to panic!

Didn't Varcoe mark 30 out on a slight angle plus kick a super goal? Not sure if McGrath was on him the entire game?

The first goal was because ambrose dropped a mark and I don’t think mcg had got on the ground yet.

The super goal came in the last when they switched varcoe to be a loose in defence across half back. On the actual play green was nominally accountable for him and zaha was less than impressed that green didn’t payush hard enough through the middle to cover him. To be fair to green varcoe was front running and green initially hedged his bets to see if we’d win it on the wing.

Oh well it’s February

Thanks, very hard to understand matchups properly unless you’re at the game. I was very excited in how he performed. Hope they play him up north too.

I didn’t want us to draft Heppel, shows what I know, nothing.lol.

McGrath's first quarter was dynamic, got a heap of the ball and wasn't panicked in his disposal. In the second quarter he and his opponent were rarely sighted, mainly because Varcoe was hardly near it. Rested in the second half. His minutes are being managed in readiness for round 1

Let’s not get carried away. He had 3 handballs.

4 possessions, 2 spoils and generally in the vicinity whenever the ball came into the defensive area ... all in the space of 10 minutes (from the replay couldn't see him on the field for the first 10) playing time (first possession with 6.14 on the clock. 2nd - 5.34. Collects ball on boundary and steps over at 4.25. Spoil 2.38. 3rd - 2.06. Spoil 1.03. 4th - 49 sec). On most occasions, whenever the ball was in dispute he was there to receive and dish off. So much to be excited about!
I didn't want us to draft Heppel, shows what I know, nothing.lol.

I was hoping we wouldn’t draft Parish. Didn’t really want Zach Merrett either. We all have our blunders, it’s why were lucky it’s not us making the calls.

Any criticism of MCG after one JLT game is harsh and judgemental.

On the other hand, I really like the sound of this WANNABE JNR guy. Seems well balanced reviews of his talents across the board.

I don’t know… I reckon Wannabe jnr is just another half back flanker that Disco wants to turn into a midfielder. I’d prefer to pick a pure mid. Perhaps package up future drafting rights for him with Dyson to lure Setterfield in two years?

I was firmly in the Clug camp through-out the season and draft period.
So having started with some bias against McG i have liked the small amount i have seen, looks safe with the footy and quite composed
Will relax more and more into his game and hopefully be a very very damaging player for us