#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

No doubt Mc Grath can run fast. However, if his coaches give him a role to be accountable for his man, maybe he doesnt run off his man,that often… At least not yet BD.

2 Likes

lol

YEAH BOI

I look forward to him leaping over Cyril like a hurdle before pirouetting and kicking him in the nuts.

5 Likes

Finished 2nd in repeat sprints (6x30m) with 24.44 sec

4 Likes

If I was the club and just bought a new Ferrari I think I would be driving it to the party rather than the old Commodore They both have 4 wheels , both will get me from A to B both are limited to 60km/hr, , but one will impress everyone while if I drove the other, people would just yawn.

1 Like

I don’t get the people saying he needs to be eased in. Good teams develop their youngsters alongside their seniors, if they show an ounce of genuine raw talent.

Sydney the best example with Henney & Mills in a very strong team. GWS take your pick, after the first season they continue to throw high draftees in early, Taranto most likely this year.

He was pick 1 for a reason, not some late round “we were surprised he was still there pick”, those same characteristics should see him get a game & continue to get one unless he doesn’t get anywhere near it.

Tear it up McG!!! The first of many.

2 Likes

Seems most at EFC don’t realise that “Pigeon” is a slang derogatory term …

??

Explain

It’s always meant a descriptor for a dope, someone who’s easily stooged

Eg:

1. Slang.
    a. a young, usually attractive, girl.
    b. a person who is easily fooled or cheated; dupe.

And it seems in modern times, according to things like “Urban Dictionary”, it’s taken on even uglier meanings I was unaware of.

In my experience 99.9% of the time “pigeon” means a particular kind of bird.

9 Likes

Yes, & a bird that’s generally despised, & more often than not referred to as a “Flying Rat”

Explosive repeat pace more important than running 100m in 11sec.

He’s called Pigeon because Glenn McGrath was called Pigeon. Glenn McGrath was called Pigeon because of his spindly little Pigeon legs as a young bloke who’d just moved to Sydney.

Irrespective of any other connotation, that’s how the nickname was intended.

4 Likes

Pigeon is about as much a derogatory term, as ‘bother’ is a swear word.

2 Likes

Wash your mouth out young man

4 Likes

Will be a tough assignment for him. If he plays down back, he will either match up on Cyril (WOW, what an initiation that would be!) or more likely Puopolo. PP is no star but he is a solid, experienced footballer. No matter who he matches up on, they will try and drag him towards the goalsquare and exploit him 1-on-1. It would surprise me if Hawthorn really tried to open the 50 up and try and isolate him. It would be nice to see him play as the +1 down there so we can use his best assets, being his speed and ability to break the line and create some surge footy off half-back. Either way, good luck son!!

1 Like

Pigeons are apparently very brave.

According to Wikipedia, after WWII: "A grand ceremony was held in Buckingham Palace to commemorate a platoon of pigeons that braved the battlefields of Normandy to deliver vital plans to Allied forces on the fringes of Germany. Three of the actual birds that received the medals are on show in the London Military Museum so that well-wishers can pay their respects.

3 Likes

To get an idea of how credible Urban Dictionary is, search your own name on there.

I did this. Just confirmed everything I already knew…