#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Yep, did some good work there too. Especially in the last.

2 Likes

Workrate in the 4th was immense, the stories about him were true.

2 Likes

Enormous McGrath ? I think you meanā€¦

ā€˜He is a quart in a pint pot.ā€™

Another impressive game. Played amazing in the final quarter andis getting more comfortable with playing run and carry instead of just dishing off a handball straight away

1 Like

Looks like heā€™s been playing for a couple of years.

1 Like

We will be chasing Simpkin.
Heard it from someone who knows an Essendon recruiter.
As we all know the kid is a massive Essendon fan, but who knows if he wants to change in 2 years.

Norf are reportedly going to offer Josh Kelly an $8m, 9 year deal. Will surely send them into liquidation. Then we will swoop on Simpkin.

3 Likes

Kelly would be worth every cent. He is silk.

4 Likes

He is some high grade vanilla. Love it.

6 Likes

Ran himself into trouble a few times tonight. Then calmly ran himself out of it.

Doesnā€™t panic, makes good choices.

A lot to like.

7 Likes

Some of his kicking tonight was better than his underage games. ONe of his passes to Hooker in the last was magnificent. I think he is kicking the ball 5-10m further than I ever thought he would be able to.

Naturally a big time player.

3 Likes

He defends so well for a first year player - Has fantastic closing speed.

2 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/kyNpaY9.gif

Im a noob at this gifing business

47 Likes

Very calm and assured when he gets the ball. He is learning all the time.
His first game was in front of 80,000 people and the second was a tight comeback finish. Both good experiences and he hasnā€™t flinched in the contest.

4 Likes

Very composed. Provided good run int he last quarter.

You can see the kidā€™s got it. Itā€™s just a matter of time now.

Fracking fantastic.

Great gif. This run and change of direction was his signature last year so it was great to see him try it in his second game. We need this attack off half back.

3 Likes

Yep. The kind a moments that Goddard got himself into and went white with panic with.

Yet this kid has played 2 games.

French (Canadian) Vanilla?

I remember some clangers/turnovers from him mainly because I watch him closer than most players right now. Iā€™m not really worried or surprised though because they are mistakes very common with 1st year players (like Parish last year). He is also in role/team gameplan that requires to pull the pin and take brave and risky kicks down the middle so itā€™s inevitable. Experienced campaigners Hurley, Zerrett, Gleeson, Stanton were all guilty of turning over in this fashion also, itā€™s just a byproduct of our attacking gameplan.

Super super impressed with his last quarter though. Picked up a lot of the footy and provided some very important drive when it all mattered most. Love that ability to stop very quickly and then dispose or accelerate in another direction because it can really open up the play - very Zerrett/Sam Mitchell like.

2 Likes