#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Me!

when would we realistically give him a go in the middle?

Houli Dooli, you forget the show reels of his draft candidacy.
Pidgeon is alleged to play taller than his height would suggest, Aerially he is good. Just check the footage . You will see.

I get the feeling they are going to take their time with him so it might not be until next year, no need to risk him like they did with Zerret and Parish, especially if we have Hocking, Myers, Howlett in the side and we also want to trial Raz and Tippa and Langfordā€¦

Not sure what the risk is, if he can run sub 11sec over 100m why isnā€™t he being played out in the open spaces on the wing ?
As for Zerret and Parish, it never hurt them being exposed to the heat of the battle, they thrived on it.

At a guess because heā€™s good in tight situations, breaks congested lines and can stick defensively to an opponent

2 Likes

If you have a kid with his talent and leg speed why wouldnā€™t you utilise it in an attacking nature ? Bring in Dea if you want a stopper.

3 Likes

100% Agree, bring Dea in for one of the average mids (Zaharakis, Hocking maybe???) Push McGrath into the middle, see what he can do.

1 Like

Maybe the aim is for him to become more a Parish and less a Zaka.

Half back flank is one of the most attacking positions in the modern game

1 Like

Because attack starts from defense these days not the wings.

Agree, I suppose Iā€™m just keen to see the kid use his pace a bit more thatā€™s all.
We will need that leg speed Saturday night in attack and defence.

Yep we certainly had the ploddiest midfield that ever plodded.

Burnā€¦

Or maybe heā€™s just the best match-up we have against pacy small forwards.

1 Like

Send him straight to betts as hes already our best small defender.

1 Like

Fantasia back, McGrath forward. Full Sheeds.

Almost. Drop Luey, Fantasia back, Mcrath to the ruck.

1 Like

Thatā€™s more Knightsā€™ style

2 Likes

I just noticed my typo and from now on shall refer to him as:

McWrath!

7 Likes

Composed, makes good decisions, clean and quick disposal, reads the play well. Same things Heppell, ZMerrett and Parish displayed from day dot.

He has played very well without even calling upon the physical traits we know he has. When he does, weā€™ll be in for a treat.