#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

OOOOH AAAHH

1 Like

Had my 3 votes in the first half and listening on the radio he was copping plenty of praise from the commentary

Good game tonight. Is tracking nicely and should get the rising star nomination this week.

1 Like

Absolute jet tonight, really impressed.

Theyā€™ll go with fiorini

1 Like

Nahā€¦somebody else will have 15 touches and kick 3 goals.

Over the summer, I didnā€™t have McGrath in my best 22 write-up, because without exposed form I simply couldnā€™t pen him in, regardless of how early he was picked.

Iā€™ve certainly seen enough now.

Best 22 small defender for sure, and that probably pushes out one of our veterans who would otherwise spend their twilight years back there.

1 Like

Not sure how long he stays majorly in defense if his stints in the guts the last 2 games is anything to judge on. Might end up on permanent rotation by the seasons mid point.

4 Likes

The Rising Star is a rubbish award. In theory you could be the 2nd best eligible player of every round and never get nominated and actually be the best player over the whole year by a mile.

It just takes one flashy game to get a nomination, but if your job is to perform a defensive role in the first instance, it might take quite a while to get noticed as best for the round.

Iā€™m very happy with this young man as our number 1 pick.

3 Likes

Very good game, and played on some seriously good opponents. He established himself at the level in 3 games and started to expand his horizons in his fourth. Training with the defence in the preseason was a very good idea, but tbh, I can see him moving into a regular midfield rotation more and more from this point on.

Canā€™t have him in 2 places at once but he takes the no 1 small forward from this point on while he remains a defender imo.

Such a fascination with moving him into the midfield. Probably because we are overloaded with quick skilful small defenders

3 Likes

Watson, Heppell and Stanton are slower than the titanic. Itā€™s a glaring hole. The sooner heā€™s in there the better imo

7 Likes

Having maple syrup on my pancakes on Tuesday in honour of Andy

4 Likes

Fascination? His big draw card was that he was a 30 disposal a game midfielder that did the team thing to play back on the player destroying their team.

3 Likes

Hands are faster than the speed of light. Sometimes too fast for his teammates.

5 Likes

I agree Deckham. He should be Rising Star this week but I guess the experts will find someone else thou. With McGrath, Parish and Francisā€¦Iā€™m excited.

1 Like

https://img.memesuper.com/82a19a5b2adfce980dc0cafd81cd3959_big-kev-big-kev-memes_302-369.jpeg

3 Likes

How many did Betts kick in him?

I think it was only one. It was a bad one though. Let Betts drift 10m clear of him while he stood there pointing at other opponents. Then, with his back turned and still pointing while manning the mark, Betts played on for an easy snap.

He fought back extra well after that though.

Agreed. Remember Rhys Palmer won that award & heā€™s just gotten to his 3rd club (or maybe 2nd club) with pick 135 odd last year (carlton) haha