#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

With frang he was playing well in sanfl. I don’t rate vfl as exponentially better than the sanfl. That’d why I’m disappointed.

He had a few more direct intercept possessions that set up attacking forays on top of the marks. It was a good game.

I must have been watching another game

His attack on the footy was admirable but i thought he was regularly out of position and let himself down with skill or decision making errors on a number of occasions

That said, he’s a big lump and you only start to see what the big fellas are capable (with some notable exceptions) in about year three or four

1 Like

Once he settles down in the back line his confidence will continue to grow and better performances will follow…3 more weeks of good form and I think he will be back in the seniors…he could play the third defensive role very well.

The stats also say Brown took just three marks.

Yeah nah.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have quite had him in our best 3 or 5 but thought he was good

The bloke has been dragged from one end of the ground to the other.

I know I’ve been in the ‘Francis Forward camp’. But I think he needs to get some confidence, start playing with his natural instinct, and focus purely on gathering footy without having a Defender on his tail.

Get him down back, show abit of leadership in the VFL. Start preparing him for the intercepting defender role in 2018 in the AFL.

Edit: I think there are so many plans and opinions on where this guy should be playing. Woosha needs to knock it on the head and just flat out say that he’s a defender. They might have a different strategy for him later, but keep that in house.
I thought he looked ok yesterday, just lacking confidence in what he should be doing.

1 Like

Not phased at all about his progress.

I consider his development similar to that of a tall key position player and like all key position players, they take time. Frangas development has somewhat been stifled based on needs for a big bodied forward, however now that our forward line is functioning, it seems as though he has been anchored down back, where he plays his best football.

I believe we have another Hurls on our hands, we just need to patient.

1 Like

The transition from forward to back could indicate an improvement in his fitness. Woosha has stated that he sees him playing defence once he gets his tank up to speed.

I think he did alright yesterday. Happy to give him a few weeks to transition back into his role in defence, but he showed good signs. His kicking can be very good but sometimes tries a bit too much.

Medium term- is he competing for the same role as Ridley is being groomed for (third tall)?

Aren’t they both meant to be midfielders? :wink:

1 Like

Too soon.

1 Like

Or having to deal with deranged essendon fans really makes you enjoy life.

14 Likes

Yep, that’ll make him want to perform for the fans…

1 Like

Whilst that was a farking stupid thing to do IMO it is true that he is a melancholic and sensitive sort of guy which worries me a bit.

I saw lav at watergardens once and left him be, i’m basically a ■■■■ fan tbh.

3 Likes

Our season is over.

Get him in and play him fit, not fit.

8 games to go, he is our future. GET HIM IN.

2 Likes

Lol.
This reminds me of Essendon people abusing Hardingham on the street because we picked him instead of Barlow.

Lol fair play, can see the irony in those two opposing quotes but it remains true from people around him. Hasn’t reached a great level of emotional maturity. He’s only young and undergone a harrowing incident in the form of the loss of his brother a couple of years ago, so not all that unexpected but I hope the club gets that balance of support and prodding him to improve right and that it comes together.

I have a slightly different story. Francis was in the car next to us coming into the ground. My 8 year old literally could not believe he was right next to us.
Sadly it was the highlight of both of our day.

7 Likes

I saw Jay Neagle at the G one night when we lost to Hawthorn by 100 points.

There’s nothing more to that story.

4 Likes