#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

If that’s the case, the club needs to identify a suitable role that would suit his abilities but not be thwarted by his limitations.’

Surely that is what the coaching and performance staff are getting paid big buck$ for.

2 Likes

I think this is why he hasn’t settled into a position much to the frustration of many on here.

I doubt he is fit enough to play defense all game without being outrun and hurt badly late in games.

But that’s his natural position for his skillset is defense…

So the club floats him fwd in VFL to protect his tank and also from late game soft tissue injuries. Even if he could run out a game his soft tissue history would make them hesitant to play a full month at CHB.

That’s my hypothesis.

He has, quite a bit. In 2016 he couldn’t run out a VFL game without cramping. In 2017 he was still going strong at VFL level but struggled with the higher intensity of AFL. 2018 he will be markedly better, he has a better base to work from, he will be able to do more miles without breaking and will be able to grow in intensity.

Endurance takes time to build, it’s happening we just need patience.

12 Likes

All I want is for @Bacchusfox to meet him in random carparks to tell him to stop laughing and focus. That’ll do it!

This.

We all know he needs to get fitter but for some to suggest that progress isn’t being made is complete bullshit.

He got fitter this year. It was on display for all to see in his VFL performances. If this trend continues, as I suspect it will, we’ll see much more of Franga next year.

I still love Franga.

Franga.

4 Likes

was it?

really didnt see any noted improvement in his ability to run out games, tbj

I saw it.
Last year I saw him knackered during the first half of VFL games. This year he was still competing in the final stages of games. Still a long way to go obviously but baby steps.

1 Like

I wasn’t having a go at Francis. I just hope that we see him putting in the work (like what we saw with Langford & Laverde). I do remember seeing Essendon Francis tweets last year and hope we see that again this year. He needs a big pre-season to get ready for lots of AFL footy in 2018

Any truth to the rumour he was a no show at Mad Monday?

He was running laps of Princes Park.

(Hope this is true)

So do i!

… because he was training…

Is this sarcasm or true?

Is a different sort of unit.

I hope he gets his head into the space that gives him the best chance to make it.

I heard it from someone with good club connections, but they acknowledged they didn’t have confirmation, that it was a rumour they had heard. Hence me including “rumour” in the query - I don’t have any confirmation.

4 Likes

This is a real concern. I am a massive Francis fan, but there remains plenty of smoke on this issue. Th club obviously backing themselves that they can get him to work hard enough.

It took time for Watson to get how much you need to do, and plenty of others.

I hope the penny drops for Francis.

1 Like

I seriously don’t get how terry wallace is rated as anything other than a wet tissue for his knowledge of afl lists.

he ■■■■■■■ broke every club hes been involved at and left them in worse positions than he started. guys bought into his own hype.

14 Likes

Just remember this was Wallace. Probably getting his info from this thread.

The club must give the kid another year to show if he’s got what it takes. Players built like him don’t come around too often. If he doesn’t make it next year then we have to make a call. I get the feeling the club is more hopeful than convinced.

1 Like