Probably not a bad thing

Frigginā€™ seriously?
Of course thereā€™s an easy way out.
You just stop.
Done.

The kidā€™s just turned twenty.

1 Like

Hmmmm.

Psychologically, if both Adelaide teams show little interest, it kind of leaves Aaron with one option:

GET YOURSELF MEGA FIT AND KICK SOME ā– ā– ā–  FOR THE DONS

There is no way club would let him go for a 2nd rounder, neither would Bris for Schache. They are both just highly rated kids whoā€™ve not transitioned to AFL level footy / fitness / mental side of things just yet. Francis with obvious family issues affecting, and Schache said to also have some things affecting also.

Itā€™d have to be a worthy player or low first rounder IMO

Be interesting if Crows dig their heels in on Cameron and perhaps that becomes the leverage point later in trade period.

As someone mentioned, IF Lever trade gets done then may be more likely to look at replacing him with same type of player.

1 Like

Bizarre though, given the exposed form of a second round pick is precisely nothing.

Theyā€™re either seeing it as an opportunity to extract a quality player very cheap, or ā€¦actually I donā€™t know what the or is.

I just hope he stays and turns into the gun that we know is inside him.

Obviously in the short term, I hope the club gives him all (more?) support on a personal level to get him through whatever tough patch he is going through.

On a team level though, if nothing ends up happening (and I want him to stay), I hope they remind him in the future that these ā€œhomeā€ clubs showed absolutely no realistic interest or faith in him when they had the chance. We only entertained trading him him for his own well being, but back him to stay & make good.

Then big red goes on to absolutely dominate at the Bombers, and the faithful will adore him even more.

2 Likes

Well either way

Heā€™s demanded a trade back home yet none of the Adelaide teams are even interested in him. Itā€™s a big wake up call like some are saying hopefully he will realise where he is truly at.

Still think he can turn it around, heā€™s aggressive in the vfl and makes repeated efforts to win the ball.

Need to get jobes boxing coach

3 Likes

Essendon are asking for a second rounder. The SA clubs seem to think he isnā€™t worth a second rounder. I think he is in a weak draft. Hopefully this is a wake-up call and he is stung into action.

Personally I wouldnā€™t be surprised if we cut our losses and traded him for a third rounder next week. Especially considering the picks we will be giving up to get SSS.

My theory on Francis

Essendon initiated putting him on the trade table and want to trade him.

Told Francis to put it the other way around (he wants to leave due to home sickness) which increase his value (reads that EFC still want him and Francis hasnā€™t got the best out of himself because heā€™s struggling being away from home)

Essendon get a sense of his value this morning and see little interest (not even a 2nd rounder)

" We can get all 3 trades done without losing Aaron"

Just because itā€™s on SEN it doesnā€™t make it fact.

5 Likes

And hopefully he doesnā€™t think, ā€˜Essendon donā€™t want me, the two Adelaide clubs donā€™t want me, I miss my Mum and Dad, and I miss my mates and ā– ā– ā– ā–  this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ā€™

But yeah, sure, motivation.

2 Likes

Itā€™s because they know what he is like.

Reality blitz

the herald sun on the other handā€¦

2 Likes

Problem with that theory is it limits the field to only two clubs.

All Iā€™m gonna say, is that at the Crichton last week, he walked by my table and had a sad look on his face. And I couldnā€™t see Bacchus anywhere, either. Soā€¦I dunno. Take from that what you will.

2 Likes

I knew he would be worth a second rounder at best

good call by you ā„¢

1 Like

Fair for them.

But Unlikely to be accepted by us.

Dodoroā€™s ego wonā€™t let it happen. No way will he want to see a bloke he picked up with the #6 draft selection out the door within 2 years for a 2nd rounder. Iā€™d say if it was in the top 15 we might just decide to cut our losses, but to fall into the 20-30 bracket wouldnā€™t be a good look on him or his recruiting teamā€¦

Maybe it doesnā€™t have anything to do with ā€˜egoā€™, because heā€™s a professional.
Maybe itā€™s a calculated assessment of risk/reward/return and Dodoro actually knows what heā€™s doing. Strange, I know.

2 Likes