#10 Nicholas (Nick) O'Brien

He’s a spud. Should never compare him to Jobe and Joe. He might still stay for depth if anything.

I didn't follow footy in the time of Smoking Joe - tell me more!

With Craig Bird and hopefully a fair suck of battered sav for David Myers, Jobe Watson and Heater injury-wise next year, I envisage he won’t play many games next year. Which I why I want him to get two years. It may take another year for him to crack into the team. He’s a late developer.

No one could understand why Joe was so good. He was slow and not flashy at all. But it amounted to this: he played centre. He found the ball a lot, and he handpassed with devastating effectiveness to players like Hird, Mercuri, Johnson, Long and so on. Say no more.

He was just as good by foot as by hand.

has been delisted. video on efc website.

I didn't follow footy in the time of Smoking Joe - tell me more!

With Craig Bird and hopefully a fair suck of battered sav for David Myers, Jobe Watson and Heater injury-wise next year, I envisage he won’t play many games next year. Which I why I want him to get two years. It may take another year for him to crack into the team. He’s a late developer.

Similar style to NOB (his skills were a level better than NOB’s), slow as anyone but just found the footy, and rarely turned it over.
There’d be games Misiti would have 32 touches and you’d barely noticed he was out there.

O’Brien has been told he will not be offered another contract next year.

Jeezus that’s rough.

@EssendonFC: Another list change this morning: https://t.co/Md78s3flgv Stay tuned for more #DonTheSash

That would be the surprise Boot said some were in for …

Screw Essendon.

Makes no sense to me at all. Very disappointed!

Just contacting a professor of applied maths to find out how many draft picks that means we will use now.

So thats 12 gone … 25% of the list turned over.

Refresh or rebuild??

Bit stiff. There’s some ruthless list pruning finally happening. Ironically I’d have kept NOB. Slow as, but with a bit of (overdue) development - strength and composure - thought he had a future. Not to be. I’m guessing we’re losing him in part because we have a plethora of one-paced midfielders. Good look to him.

The twitter post said “stand by for more news” or similar. So I’d say an announcement on Hams is imminent too.

So how many picks does that leave us in the draft now? I thought we’d go with 5 and 1 in the PSD but it would seem we have more spots open on the list now?

Tough, clearly we are focusing on pace.

Wow, that’s unexpected.

Welcome Moore and/or Colledge?

DEVO

So that'll be a two year deal for N'Ob then....
Agree.

Well you guys are in for a surprise.

NO’B to ZO’B?

Why did it take so long to make a decision with him?