Was never any good.

5 Likes

It is what it is.

I hope he makes a positive impact in the VFL

3 Likes

Have you forgotten about Zac Clarke?

I like Sam

One of life’s mysteries is the Weid.
Has all the physical attributes but the cupboard gets a bit bare when looking around for a tin of mental toughness.

But, if he gets a gig off the IC in a theoretical EF this year and kicks the winning goal after the siren … well he’s the new Prince of WH (or somthen’). For a day at least …

1 Like

Exactly, it’s almost like we haven’t played a meaningful game in 6 months.

Sorry for the sarcasm but I see nothing wrong with the lack of noise.
I’m not certain Sam can have a 2MP-like turn around, however at least he has less pressure this season.

I think this is more accurate

Noise is someone training the house down and it being highlighted so.

We are trialing Lav in a forward role, this is telling on Word who continues to wear the red vest at training and in Match sims didn’t put his hand up wanting to play.

This lack of noise is deafening.

I’d like to see a training match sim where Weideman is close-checked by Laverde. It’d be worth paying gate money to see it.

One year was a gamble arguably worth taking. The second year is folly.

He is a mentally soft footballer who has ability but just absolutely no appetite for the contest (which is exactly what he was at Melbourne).

This year is an utter waste of a list spot.

6 Likes

likely had to offer Weideman 2 years to get him to move.

had a few changes to KPP Stocks
Out: BZT, VOSS, Stewart, McBride, Phillips
In: McKay, REID (resurrected), Caddy, Goldstein, Vissenti

we likely still need him as a backup this year.
Does feel like Caddy and Jones will be played ahead of him, but if Wright gets injured imagine we might play him.

I can’t see Weideman changing into a more combative forward. will be interesting if we use him in Defence at VFL level or up forward.

If he plays a full season up forward at VFL level, he’ll kick 40+ goals.
He’s the ol’ too good for VFL, not quite up to AFL.

Quite possibly.
Presumably he was retained because we were already paying out one contract (thanks to Dodo’s genius extension of Stewart).

I hate that Hunter is cooked and unable to progress and develop while it’s Weid who is seemingly always there ready to go lol

He has always done pretty well in the VFL so he can still play a role in helping us hopefully stay competitive in the 2’s this year and assist the development of some kids.

1 Like

Totally agree, but it’s a pretty sad reason to have someone keeping a spot on your list.

Should have cut him last year and tried something else. If we need him to cover injuries then the season is gone anyway, and you’re better off playing anyone with some future potential, even if not a tall.

1 Like

He’s not much chop, but he held up ok at the start of last year and having a bit depth that can play the grade is never a bad thing.

1 Like

Weidemen is a better forward with better leading patterns than Wright.
Wright is lucky he is 7ft and usually gets his marks in the chest or second grabs, or free kicks.

Weidemen works his backmen over and players like Phil Davis, McGovern, Andrews, Blicavs etc have all said how hard they make them work and think.,
He plays to the structure and he is a team first player. Takes simlair amount of marks as wright.

Wright had one good year and had his first preseason in 8 years prior to that good season,
Let’s see how he goes against good opposition in a few weeks time not against a weaker hawks defence.
I’ll give Wright to round 3/4 before making a decision

4 Likes

Thanks for your input Sam.
I wish you’d put as much effort into competing as you did in that post though.

Might want to do some fact checking regardless.

10 Likes

Are you actually suggesting that Wright v Weid is a decision? Wright has had 1 very good year (50+ goals is better than good) but Weid has never kicked 20 in a season. Wright kicks more goals, takes more marks & gets more of the ball. Wright is simply a far superior player. Even if you take out Wrights’ 2022, Weid is so far behind Wright its not even funny.

5 Likes

Whatever you are smoking/drinking/injecting,
I want some.