#10 Sam Weideman

In old mates defense here people were screaming that we made the wrong call after one season with 2MP

1 Like

Itā€™s going to click for Sam this year. Everyone is off the weid train but Iā€™m still riding up front.

3 Likes

I donā€™t expect Wied to succeed, but we would be sooooo much better if he reached the level his attributes are capable of. Will be barracking for him to pull it together and will move on quickly when he likely fails.

5 Likes

What do I need to fact find.
Just my observation and and I know a lot of people in the industry, lucky enough to speak directly to players year round.

Thanks for your constructive feedback
Enjoy your evening.

Will be barracking for him also

4 Likes

I like your assessment of Sam.
I think there is still something there, well worth the effort.
I have no doubt he does some things better than Peter, but I still think Pete is a gun and a bloody reliable shot from long range and an absolute gem when he is on.

If we can get our other forwards up and about, fix our poor delivery into the forward line, and create multifaceted threats, it will be a great watch.

1 Like

Hilarious

I would love to see that this year and wish he continues to just be the consistent threat quarter to quarter without flashing in and out of games.

. Wright seems to perform at a good to above average for a KPF and has won us games which gives everyone lots of hope but I am still not convinced he is the answer to our best team. Weids is considered a below average to good kPF

I have had a bit to do with him prior to his draft years and he has a great footy brain but internalises a lot. I work with Leading teams now and also some other consultancy based areas focusing on performance on field and transferring leadership skills to action.

When I work with track athletes and discuss mindset, process and then provide feedback.
I tell them sometimes our mind settles into a process with good and poor habits.
Sometimes our brains learn patterns that cause panic , then it becomes part of the process (a stressor or problem) weids lining up for goal is an example of that. The next steps for Weids would be looking at footage and going through a visualisation excercises with VR, eg control the environment, change the stressors eg crowd noises, opposition players audio taking him off his process and a score board scenario. Practise his routine under this before transferring the practise out onto the hangar ovals.
I do hope he makes it

5 Likes

He may well have better leading patterns.

But Wright has almost kicked as many goals in the last two seasons (72) as Weideman has his entire career (77).

Wright is clearly a better forward. Itā€™s not even a debate.

3 Likes

That explains quite a great deal.

I heard critic of Leading Teams once say, that Leading Teams is to sports performance what Catholic Priests are to Altar Boys.

Donā€™t think they are a fan.

I think sometimes forwards like Wright, Ben Brown a few years back being another, sometimes suffer in reputation because they ā€œjustā€ run at the ball, mark it high where their opponent canā€™t reach it, and kick straight. Itā€™s not exciting, it doesnā€™t take any great insight into the game to understand what they contribute, and it feels like the basics of a key forward, even though lots of decent or better key forwards canā€™t actually do it (especially the kicking bit).

1 Like

The thing I like about Brown and Wright is that they donā€™t allow the defender to take the easy mark. JD is sensational when leaping at the ball, but would just give up on the contest if the ball was not to his advantage.

1 Like

Depends on the culture of an organisation and the process in which the organisation takes on the feedback.

broad brushstrokes in any profession or industry can create doubt in performance, attitude and or effort/output.

Out: Wright
In: Weid

bet

3 Likes

Should be delisted mid season to open a selection up at the mad, the only benefit he brings is making Caddy look extra good in comparison

4 Likes

Heā€™s playing against the saints. Get your heads around it

1 Like

He did nothing in the VFL. It canā€™t happen surely. Would sooner bring Bryan in with Goldy and have Draper forward.

1 Like

Cometh the momentā€¦

1 Like