#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

He’s shown immense talent throughout his time with us but needs to show it more consistently.

I think the expectations on a 20 yo kid irrespective of what position he was drafted in is too high.

I’m confident he will be a force soon enough.

1 Like

I think if you look at others of similar body shape and height you would realise he’s going ok. Keep in mind that partly the reason he had less senior exposure this year is that we got several players back from suspension and also got Stewart.
Have a look at Stewarts first 2 seasons.

1 Like

There have been a lot of references to Aaron having “personal issues”. Can someone please enlighten me as to what they are?

Is it just homesickness that will hopefully dissipate once he builds fitness, gets some regular games and starts to feel like he “belongs”… or is it more complicated than that?

His brother died who he was close to in his draft year.

Lets throw a two year contract extension at him.

Thanks. That’s obviously going to have a pretty profound impact. Hopefully it’s something he can work through over time.

Yeah. And to move away from home and family while you are still dealing with that loss would be tough. Throw in a few injuries and the frustration of struggling with fitness.

Can empathise with the guy.

7 Likes

Let’s just get him full of confidence playing in one position down back before we move him anywhere. He could play the Jake Lever role for us, God knows we need someone who knows how to spoil after the Sydney debacle.

Will explode by mid season.

3 Likes

He was already 300km away from home and family. He’s now 600-700km away.

Wasn’t he bringing another brother across to live with him, to help him train etc?

They need to keep things simple with him. The constant shifting from defence to attack can’t have help him. Settle him into a position, which I think should be in defence as an intercept marking 3rd tall off half-back. He needs to get fit enough for AFL footy, that’s on him, but the coaching staff and player development guys have to stop moving him around and let him get form and continuity at one end of the ground.

4 Likes

fkg concur

With the forward line the way it is, it’s hard to see a place for him there, but back line needs more depth, if not replacements. Naturally assuming he builds his tank to the right level.

1 Like

Red heads make me nervous.

1 Like

Dustin Fletcher says GTFO

2 Likes

Come on. He’s carrying a bit of puppy fat, but no need to exaggerate.

5 Likes

Was fwd and asked to go back.

Ambrose is the lockiest lock that ever locked.

3 Likes

Dustin Fletcher said that?

2 Likes

Yeah, now GTFO, Diggers!

People make out settling Francis down back is simple…

Some points:

• turning Francis into a 3rd tall defender is unambitious. You don’t turn a player of his talent into a 3rd tall defender.
  • Francis hasn’t played defense consistently because be doesnt have the endurance to play the role week after week without getting beaten.
  • Francis plays as a fwd a fair bit because structurally you are more able to carry someone who aerobically is not up to it.

Ideally we can strike the balance between developing him, building his confidence and maintaining his flexibility because he could play so many different positions in 2-3 years if he got his fitness right.

2 Likes